Chapter 35~ It was never meant to be

What's on the menu? Angst! Angst!

What's on the menu? Angst angst!

What's on the menu?

*clap clap clap*

ANGST!

7

2nd POV

Today felt like a snow day. You didn't know why, but you just felt like going out with the brothers into the forest to play. With Gaster at work, you didn't want to spend the whole day in the house and the kids seemes to love the idea of going out to play.

So, having made sure that the boys has their coats and scarves on, you dressed up too and left the house.

Closing your eyes, you enjoyed the gentle snowflakes hitting your face, having slowly gotten used to actually feeling cold. The (2/s/t/c) scarf you've gotten from Gaster was quite good at keeping you warm too.

Hearing your kids giggle happily, you did so too, leading them into the forest that surrounded Snowdin. You watched them run around, throwing snowballs at each other and hiding behind the black and white trees.

Being far enough from the town as to not disturb anyone, but close enough to not get lost in the woods, you let your children run free while you leaned against the nearest tree to rest.

Watching Sans and Papyrus play, you let yourself relax, a soft smile appearing on your lips.

The day felt peaceful, free of the worries that usually plagued your mind. Right now it was just you, your sons and the quiet woods.

You giggled to yourself when Papyrus threw a snowball at his brother, only for the older of the two to use his magic and throw five back.

While you were laughing, you didn't notice certain skeleton brothers team up.

That is until a giant ball made out of snow hit you right in the face.

Freezing for a split second, your brain finally realised what happened and you wiped the snow from your face, being met with the two laughing kids.

Smirking, you picked up some snow of your own, your grin widening when your kids expression falthered as they scrambled to get away.

Laughing loudly, you threw a snowball, hitting Sans square in the back. He fell into the snow, but quickly stood up and turned around to send out an assault of the white powder of his own.

Soon enough a full blown battle started, with both you and your kids making snow forts and throwing from behind them, your laughs echoing in the otherwise calm forest.

The three of you soon ended up in a battle royale between the two forts. Snow flew around as you threw wherever, almost blindly to try and hit someone while ducking.

Finally, you all collapsed in the snow, watching as the snowflakes danced around you.

Sans and Papyrus soon dusted themselves out from the white powder and, standing up, waited for you to do the same.

Huffing, you got up from the snow, quickly cleaning yourself up.

"Let's go make a snowman!" Papyrus proposed, to which the kids immiedietly began gathering up snow in one place to start shaping the base.

You decided to stand back and watch, simply enjoying the moment.

That is, until a familiar voice called out to you.