Cookies and Cakes

The Next Day

Joven:

Wes hasn't shown up in a few weeks. I know he got dumped but does it really take this long to cope. Shoot it'd take me a few days to get over a girl. Everyone is starting to worry, he won't answer texts, although he might have his phone of or its completely broken. Sure he's a big baby most of the time but when he's mad he is completely livid. If it was possible he'd probably burst into flames like Jack-Jack from the Incredibles. Never take cookies away from him. But what I don't understand is why someone would want to hurt him like that. I mean damn he's probably more human than the rest of us. I guess sugar does make people sweeter. You know what will lift his spirits! The new bakery that opened! Joven you are a genius. They probably have lots of sweets and there's nothing Wes loves more than sweets! He deserves a night out! I could get all the boys and we could go have some fun. Forget all of our problems and probably get wasted. Well, maybe not Lasercorn because Babycorn is a lot to handle. I stroll over to Sohinkis desk. He isn't there so I head to Flitz's.

"Yo Flitz, I need you to help me get Wes out of the house for a guys night," I say leaning against his desk," he needs to get out in general."

Wes:

I scream and jolt awake, covered in sweat. I dreamt of her, Aria, she was far away from me but every time I stepped towards her the more she would change into Isabelle. I couldn't make it to her long enough for it to still be Aria. Instead, I was greeted by the one who broke me. Why did I have to let her so close? I was in her arms. I felt safe. I miss her. I need her. I wanted her. I sat up and dug through the mess on my floor hoping to find my phone. I find it under one of her shirts I missed. "Isabelle... I need you back... You hurt me but I don't care, I know you're sorry and I forgive you...I wanna marry you."

"RIIIIIIINNNNNGGG"

I'm startled by my phone ringing. It's Joven... His calls are never a good sign. I don't need more bad news after what I'm going through. I ignore it and hit send on my text to Isabelle. He keeps calling yet I ignore everyone. I'm about to silence my phone when it chimes.

"I'm sorry Wes but I'm happier with someone else... We are even expecting a child." My eyes well with tears. They... She's... Pregnant... I cry burying my face into my pillow. The only thing I've ever wanted... The one thing I thought we would one day have together...

"SHES RUINED EVERYTHING," I scream loud enough for the neighbors to hear. I don't care if they do, I'm furious. I throw my phone as hard as I can against the wall then swipe everything off my desk destroying my lamp with a loud crash. Broken glass covers the floor. I collapse onto my knees then fall onto my side crying a puddle of tears... My life is over...

Joven:

We pull up to Wes's house and hear a loud crash. The only thought that is flooding through my brain is that he's hurt. Flitz runs to the door throwing it open. It was pitch black all the curtains where closed no lights were on. I search for a light switch and flip it on. A lamp was shattered along with his phone, and his heart. I see him on the ground curled up so tightly like he was trying to keep everything out. I've never seen him this hurt... A broken heap in a pile of shattered glass. I take a step towards him the floor creaking under me.

"Leave me alone!" he yells.

"Wes, it's me Joven," I say trying to calm his cries.

"GET THE FUCK OUT," he screams. He never curses... I hate that she had such an impact on him.

"Wes, I understand you're in a lot of pain emotionally we just want to help you," Flitz says, "yeah she left and it hurts like hell but keeping yourself locked away from the world will only make those negative thoughts grow more and more till they consume you, so please let us help you."