Accident

Aria:

Today was already stressing me out and the day had barely begun. I lay on the couch listening to music by myself. Wes was at the gym and I was alone with the thoughts swarming around in my head. I thought of Wes, how broken he had once been. How sad he looked when I first laid my eyes on him, his hair disheveled, a frown haunted his face. He was perfect then, a little too perfect. His brother Brenden was coming into town in a few days. It must be nice not having to grow up alone. I shift my arm causing my bracelets to move, revealing my tattoed wrist. I had my brother's name tattoed on me when I was 18. No one knew about it, no one except me. No one thought I cared enough about my brother.  Hell, so what if I can't remember him. I care because he was a part of me. Maybe not a huge piece but he was still there. I wasn't entirely alone. The front door creaks open as I run my thumb over the cursive lettering. 

"What are you doing?" Wes asks, peering over the couch. 

"Nothing, just thinking." He runs his hand through his hair before pulling his sweat-soaked shirt over his head. I watch him, my eyes fixated on his every movement. He smirks and tosses his shirt at me, causing it to land right on my face.

"Hey! That's rude!" I yell, tossing it across the room.

'You were staring," He replies.

"Meanie," I pout.

"Aww c'mere," he chuckles while walking around the couch. I bolt up and try to race to the next room, away from him. His arms snake around my waist tightly, making me unable to move. Keeping my pout, I struggle against him. His grip tightens and I succumb to his strength. 

"I love you, Babe."

"Shut up Wes," I groan. I could tell he was smiling. After a few moments, I am released.

"I have to shower and get ready for work, we're doing a Smosh and Order today."

"Nice, I have to put all of my crap away and clean the apartment." A small laugh escaped his lips as he walks into the bathroom. I hear the faint sound of the shower turning on.

"Feel free to join me," Wes smirks, peering out of the door.

"I'll pass," I roll my eyes and start picking up old pizza boxes and junk food wrappers off the table. Wes's phone rings from the bathroom. He ignores it as it rings again, each call one after another. Whoever it is, it must be important. 

"Babe! Can you see who that is that keeps calling me?" Sighing, I throw away the trash and go to the bathroom. His phone was on the counter. The phone was lit up with missed calls from Boze. She calls again, this time I pick it up. Somethings wrong. I can feel it.

"Hey Boze, what's up?"

"Where's Wes?" She asks. She sounded frantic. I put the phone on speaker as Wes turns off the shower. Wes pulls back the curtain slightly and grabs a towel from the shelf. He steps out of the shower, the towel now wrapped snuggly around his waist. 

"What's wrong Boze? You never call me."

"It's Damien, he got in an accident, a really bad one, I tried calling Shayne but he won't answer, his phone must be off or something."

"Is he gonna be okay?" I ask.

"It's really bad, can you guys get here so I'm not here alone?"

"Yeah, I'll call David, Mathew, and Joven."

"I'll text Courtney and see if she's with Shayne," I quickly run and grab my phone.

"We'll be there soon." He hangs up and runs to our shared bedroom. Tearing through his closet, he finds a pair of jeans and a Pink Floyd shirt, the same shirt we wore when cosplaying QuickSilver. I text the group chat that us girls had, and tell them about Damien's accident. Wes gets dressed as I put on my boots. We leave the house, locking the door behind us. I glance over at Damien's apartment. Part of me hoped this was some cruel joke and he wasn't really hurt.

Wes: 

Damien spent over 7 hours in surgery before we even heard a single word. Damien's parents where on the first flight back to LA, they were spending the week in New York. Aria and Boze were busy comforting Jenna. Courtney told Shayne who in turn told Jenna. Everyone was here. Silence hung heavy in the air. I was worried, he was one of my best friends. I stare at the door, shifting my weight onto one foot, waiting for a doctor or a nurse to come to tell us something.

"He's gonna be okay," Aria says softly, leaning her head against my shoulder, her small hands wrapping securely around me.

"I hope, I've only once ever been this scared in my entire life," I tug at my hair, "The first time was when you left."

"I know he's gonna be okay Wes, don't worry," She smiles. She was trying to make me feel better, it was comforting having her with me.

"Excuse me? Is there a Mr. and Mrs. Haas here?" A  doctor asks, walking into the waiting room. 

"They won't be here till tomorrow, how is he?" I ask.

"He's going to need a heart transplant," The doctor sighs, flipping through a chart, "We don't have anyone whose heart would work, if we found someone we would need to run a bunch of tests, it might take a while and I'm not sure if we have that much time."

"Test mine," Jenna pipes up.

"Jenna, you know what that would mean right?" Aria gasps.

"I know, and it's well worth it."