Part 6 ( Say you won't give up )

Beam's POV

It is Sunday in the early morning, I now drive on this almost empty road. While I am driving, I stole a glance at the passenger seat. I look at the back seat from the rearview mirror. I nod myself. I think I brought enough cupcakes with different flavours. I bought from one of the best cake shops in the town. At the end of my destination; there is one house that always lightens up my doomed day. They all love the cupcakes so much; I still remember the first time I brought it to the house.

A big smile really can't afford to lose the temptation to form on my own coral rosy lips. It is a glad smile.

It is the place where I go every Sunday. Spending time with all of them. An orphanage house. There is more than 200 of them in that house. They range in the age from infants to 10 years old. The house where the innocent child. That does not know anything about this cruel world we been live in. The house was filled with a laugh when I am around or any other visitor. The Volunteers come along and spend time with them too from time to time. But I know that house filled with vulnerability, anxiety and sorrow when the night come.

As soon as I arrived I meet with Mrs.Pua, the one that incharge the house. In the second I was out from my car, those kiddo coming happily. How I miss seeing their happy face.

" Phi Beam!! " Fiat call me in a shout of happily. He running toward me and hugs me on my knee. I gently pat his head.

" Phi Tee ~~," Aie said. He comes closer. But yet to hug me when Fiat stop him doing so.

" It is Phi Beam, not Phi Tee." Fiat pout. His both hands on his waist. Looking at Aie while pouting. I shook my head.

"Phi Tee ~~~ His name is Phi Tee, not Phi Beam~ ..." No way Aie gonna lost to Fiat. These two always brighten my day.

I just laugh at them " Kids...calm down na kha ... like I said just call him whatever you want. Phi Beam or Phi Tee... both were the same names. "Mrs Pua has said that many time actually. But this two... I just smile at them.

Both then nods back to Mrs.Pua " Good child..." She pats both of them on their shoulders.

Then both of them look at me this time. As usual, tried to plead. " Just call me as always na... as you want na Fiat, Aie... " I utter softly. I know they want me to decide which name I should use. But I don't mind. I like when they always do that without tired. I really like both of them. Both were the same age. Both were 9 years old now.

Tee was the name I used before I got close to them one year ago. I come to this house for the first time when I sent Mrs Pua to here. That one day happened to me when I helped her; her car was broke down on that day, I recalled it was Saturday during the second weeks of August, a year ago. After the car towing service charged her car. I sent her to this house. That is the first time I come here. On the next day, I come again to visit. Until now I often come here every Sunday...unless it was a day when I was busy with study or going back home.

I have used not my real name when I give helped and donations to this house. But when I got closer to them. The more I spend time here... that when i used my real name Beam Baramee, especially when I got closer to that kid. I still remember when Mrs Jane, she was the director of this house, she introduces me as Tee to the kids...but later I told them my name is Beam. That when some of them call me Phi Tee, they said because I was beautiful. Tee is more suit they said so. I can't get mad when they said so though.

Some call me Phi Beam as my real name. Somehow I just let them call me like that. But Fiat and Aie these two kids did not yet agree to this. One wanted to call me as Phi Beam. While the other one wanted to call me Phi Tee. This is more than the third time they both competing which name more suits me. But I never get tired with them.