Chapter 10

Khloe's POV:

I aimlessly wandered around the floor I resided on, immediately figuring out that it was a lot larger than I had initially anticipated.

We had only been here a couple of days but the Lord decided to Take Nico and Xander down to officially announce their arrival in a civil and apparently traditional manner.

Nico told me that if I wanted to accompany him during that time that I'd be beyond bored for hours on end while every vampire in this city welcomed him back.

So instead I took this time to explore.

Nico had promised me countless things to do here with my ability to freely roam this entire floor.

I had already stumbled across the admittedly glorious library filled with more books than I thought even existed, and the stunning outdoor garden that was placed on the very left side of the building.

And of course, a handful of some very cute portraits of the royal family from earlier days.

But for right now... I think I was lost.

I stopped and turned my head back to where I came from.

This floor was like a maze filled with too many doors and hallways.

Maybe I could just ask one of the slaves to help me back...

But I had only seen two of them during the entire time I had been wandering, so maybe that wasn't the best plan to fall back on.

I continued on my path.

I guess if worse came to worse, Nico would probably be able to track me down. Although I'd much rather prefer to not make him have to do that.

My head rose a bit as a sweet smell hit my nose.

I picked up my pace a bit, spotting two large dark doors as I turned the corner.

That's definitely where the smell was coming from.

My stomach growled as I approached it, carefully pushing open one of the doors.

My brows rose as I peeked my head inside.

Dark wood and dim lighting covered the entirety of the room, the floor dotted with small round tables and chairs.

A few chairs being vacated by some slaves that hadn't seemed to have noticed my intrusion.

Was this the kitchen Nico was talking about?

"Oh! You must be Khloe!" A sweet female voice rang out.

I jumped a bit at the hearing of my own name but turned my head a bit to see where it came from.

I spotted a woman behind a bar to my left, looking at me with a sweet smile.

The slaves had now noticed me as well.

I timidly stepped fully into the room, letting the door shut behind me.

"Uh yeah," I responded, having to force my next words to be louder, "How did you know?"

She laughed sweetly, "The slaves notified me of the presence of the Prince's pets the day you arrived and I met Doe earlier today," She explained, "Come on over here dear and I'll introduce myself."

I did as I was told and made my way over to her, hopping into one of the bar seats facing her.

I didn't think that I had any reason to be nervous.

"I'm Lily, the cook for everyone on this floor. If you ever have a hunger or craving for anything at all, just come see me and I'll fix up whatever you'd like," she said with a smile.