Chapter 34

A/N: Alright kids I listened and made myself an instagram account for my writing Sooooooo yeah go follow that if you want. You guys seemed really into the idea of a Q&A with me and my characters so I'll be sure to do that sometime in the near future.

The account is  gonna be private for a couple weeks while it's new but I'll be accepting literally everyone that wants to follow asap (unless you're following like right after this chapter is posted cuz I'm going the heck to sleep soon after if not directly after this is posted)

Anyways yeah go check it out if ya want. I'm super excited to see how this is gonna go.

Love you guys!

Khloe's POV:

Nico's day off was sadly short-lived.

He thought that his father would just excuse him for the day due to the blood moon, but soon after we got out of the bath, a slave came knocking on the door.

He said that Lord Vanderwood requested his presence at lunch.

Apparently, he was getting the whole family together to discuss tonight.

Despite the royals being unaffected by the blood moon, it was still a dangerous night, especially for the humans of the city.

So, I decided to head over to the kitchen to grab some lunch of my own since I figured Doe would be in a similar position that I was.

As soon as I stepped out of the room, Marcus was right by my side.

He seemed to be with me whenever I was out of the room without Nico.

Not that I minded. I liked his company.

Although lately he's been a bit antsy, always looking over his shoulder and taking a second to scan every room we went in before stepping in.

Maybe it was just part of what he had to do as a slave.

"So any chance that your friend will join us," I asked.

Its been so long and he still hasn't shown up.

Marcus talked about him a lot, but he's still never shown up whenever he was with me or Doe.

The boy beside me shook his head with a soft, almost sad sigh.

"I highly doubt it," He responded, his answer making his sadness about it more prominent.

My shoulders slouched.

"Darn," I began, "I hope he shows up eventually. He sounds like a fun guy to be around."

A small smile appeared on Marcus' face.

"He is. He really is but he just... has a lot of stuff on his plate right now I guess."

"What kind of stuff? I could try to help, or I could ask Nico," I offered.

Marcus let out a single laugh.

"You're too nice, Khloe," He began, "But no, It'd be best if you and Nico stayed far away from this."

I rose a brow at that... Interesting response.

Marcus apparently read the look on my face and quickly spoke again to clarify.

"I-I mean it has more to do with the Lord, so there's nothing that either of you could do,"

I let out a quiet 'oh', still finding his first response a tad strange.

"Well, whatever it is, I hope it gets done soon," I said.

I really just wanted to get to know as many people as I could.

Admittedly a lot of the other slaves here avoided me.