Chapter 83

Xanders POV:

I had left the guards long behind.

It was nearing the evening, and I was just leaving Nico's cell when two of Dad's guards came down to deliver an urgent message to me.

"It's happening." was all they said, obviously clueless to what their message actually entailed.

I knew immediately what it meant and ran before giving them any kind of answer.

Khloe's third stage was beginning.

The one that was said to be the most dangerous in the transition, but was also the last thing that needed to be done before Nico and Khloe could be united again.

So once again my blood was here to save the day.

It seemed like every situation I gave my blood for became more dire, but God I really needed this one to be a success.

I practically burst through the door to where Khloe was, immediately trying to pinpoint where she was in the process.

I spotted her immediately, limbs trembling as she and claws digging into the bed as she leaned against it for support.

Her breaths were quick and heaving while her eyes were wide with fear.

And despite the sweat, it looked like the process had just begun.

I looked from her and towards my parents who were both looking straight at me, seeming relieved at my punctuality.

Despite my mother's best effort to stand beside Khloe and offer comfort, I knew it wasn't going to help.

"Thank god," My father began, "We need-"

"I know," I cut him off, stepping further into the room and rolling up my sleeves again.

From what I'd researched on my own time, She needed to complete the full blood moon-Esque change before receiving the blood to negate it and complete her shift entirely.

Meaning going through every painful detail that this bloodlust brings us, on top of sprouting wings.

All of these new predatory instincts torturing her into a feeding frenzy

All without breaking the remaining human she has inside her.

Just by looking at her, her trembling yet tense stance, the pinch in her brows, and the way her eyes were squeezed shut, I know she was feeling the effects already.

Her head slowly turned up to meet my gaze, her eyes carrying a mix of pleading and terror through the tears understandably brewing in her eyes

"Both of you leave," I stated, catching both of my parents off guard.

Being the Lord and Lady for as long as they have been. They haven't experienced the full-on concentrated effects of the blood moon in centuries.

I doubt they have any idea how to handle this, not to mention that I knew their presence stressed Khloe out.

And that was the last thing she needed right now.

"What!?" My mother replied as if my order was ridiculous.

"She doesn't need everybody watching this and you'll only be distractions till this is done!" I turned to my father, both quieting and tightening my voice, "So help me if anything gets in her way of completing this, I'll never forgive you and I can assure you Nico won't either." I hissed.

Lord only knows what Nico was planning down in that cell.

His eyes widened in an almost worried look I'd never seen on him, but he nodded, gesturing for my mother to follow him.