Chapter 86

Nico's POV:

I worked at the faucet controls, setting the temperature to be just a bit warmer than last time, as well as added a few things that I hoped would aid with the aches she had in her body.

As soon as I heard the water begin to run, I turned to her, seeing her standing by the door with her hands reaching behind her neck.

She seemed to be struggling with the clasp of the gown she was wearing.

Steam began filling the room as I returned myself to her side, her eyes meeting me as I did.

"Need some help?" I asked, causing her effort to stop.

She just looked at me for a second, I guess debating her answer.

Luckily, she turned her back towards me, and moved her hair to the side, "Please?"

I took a step closer, inspecting the clasp for a moment before separating it.

I then took the opportunity to pull down the zipper that ran down the back of it.

My eyes wandered her skin as more of it came into view almost on instinct, and noticed something odd right away.

I didn't say anything at first, instead slipped my hands under the fabric and up to her shoulders.

She stiffened at my touch, lowering her arms to her sides so the gown fell to the floor. leaving her only in her undergarments.

Her head turned back towards me the best it could, but I was still staring at the skin of her back.

The flawless freckled skin.

I then drew my gaze up to her neck, noticing the same thing.

"What?" She asked at my silence.

I guess she hadn't noticed yet.

"Your scars are gone," I replied.

"Wait really?" she immediately asked, her head turning down towards her hip, where I could only assume the scar from Xander was no longer there.

"Woah," She breathed out, fingers now trailing against her neck for the feeling of raised skin that was no longer there.

Her eyes were fully round as she just stared ahead, head spinning with something.

I let out a laugh at her reaction to this, moving my hands to unclasp her bra, "Welcome to vampirism, love." I spoke softly.

She didn't resist whatsoever as I slid that garment off of her as well.

"Holy crap I have so many things to learn," she said, almost like the thought of it was overwhelming.

Which I believe it would be to anyone.

"In time," I began, turning her towards me, taking both of her hands into my own, "For now focus on regaining your strength. Then we can focus on teaching you how to use all of the new abilities you have. Don't forget that we have all the time we need, and many people that will help you through this."

I'm sure my mother will be of help alongside me, and most likely Xander too.

Female vampires were vastly different and overall more complicated than males, so there was only so much I could teach her myself.

She gave me a small nod, "I know it's just... It's just still such a sudden change, you know?"

Oh I know.

Not even a week ago she was a human living in fear, and now a vampire adored and supported by my entire family.

And soon an entire city.