Chapter 42

Khloe's POV:

I let out a very satisfied sigh, sitting back so my back met with Nico's chest.

He shifted himself so his back was against the window, his arm snaking around to hold me against him.

"You're full already?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"I was full ten minutes ago," I began, looking over the remnants of the food that we both completely devoured, "Now I'm to the point where if I eat one more bite Ill explode."

Not to mention that controlling myself when it came to this food was nearly impossible.

Nico told me that he didn't know which main course and desserts to choose from out of all of my favorites, so he just had Lily make multiple bite-sized pieces of all of them.

Which made it very easy to accidentally eat too much of.

"Was it worth it?" Nico asked with a slight chuckle, popping the last mini cherry cheesecake in his mouth.

I stretched my arms over my head, stretching out my back aswell in a futile attempt to rearrange the food in my stomach.

"Oh definitely," I replied, extending my stretch to be a bit longer.

Apparently, Nico then decided that he now had the opportunity to dig his fingers into the side of my unprotected waist.

I let out an unexpected squeal and probably somehow jumped at least a couple inches to the left, closer to him.

"Sorry," he said, his voice bubbling with laughter, "I tried to stop myself but it was just too tempting."

My scowl slowly turned to a smirk as I rubbed my side, my revenge quickly coming to me.

"Too tempting, huh?" I questioned, slowly rising to my knees.

Nico rose a brow the corners of his lips quirking up in excitement, his body ever so slightly stiffening in preparation of whatever I was about to do.

Without another word, I pounced directly at him.

Unsurprisingly, he caught me with both of his arms around me to my back. But he still gave me the satisfaction of falling backward, leaving it so he was pinned underneath me, with an arm and a knee on each side of him.

I could tell that he was about to say something snarky, but the sound of something hitting the floor caused both of our heads to turn.

A small white box with a light blue ribbon bounced once before it slid to a stop a couple feet away.

Both of us just stared at it for a moment, Nico's hands absent-mindedly skimming down to my hips.

He clicked his tongue, turning back to face me.

"Well, I was going to give that to you after the fireworks, but I guess fate had a different idea."

"What is it?" I asked.

I was met with his cheeky smile.

"What? Did you think that dinner was the only thing I got you? What kind of boyfriend would I be if that were the case?"

Well... Yeah, I did think that. I thought the dinner and this day was more than enough.

I leaned back a bit as he sat up, reaching over to retrieve it, then leaned forward so that we were nearly chest to chest.

Gesturing for me to do so, I took it from him, gently cupping my hands under the small box.

He then leaned back with his palms pressed against the ground, watching intently as I untied the ribbon.