Chapter 40

Nico's POV:

A grin laid plastered on my face as I removed my shirt, only to replace it with a tank top.

As the night grew later, Khloe and I finally decided to actually get ready to sleep.

And by that I mean just be more comfortable while we laid in bed and talked or whatever until we fell asleep.

Although this time, when I walked out wearing my usual loose-fitting black shirt and sweats, Khloe made a sarcastic comment about how if she slept in a tank top, that it was the only fair that I did too.

So, to amuse her, I went and changed, even though I still didn't know how she wasn't too cold sleeping next to me with her ever-decreasing amount of clothing to bed.

Not that I was complaining.

Not one bit.

I spotted her laying face-up in the center of our bed as I stepped out.

"Better?" I questioned cheekily, approaching the foot of the bed.

Her eyes lit up as she leaned up to see me, her smile nearly distracting me from the skip in her heartbeat.

"Much better," She concluded before falling back against the bed, reaching her arms above her head in a long stretch.

My eyes looked her over as she did, her actions causing her tank top to expose a bit of the pale skin of her stomach, and a cute little scrunch in her face.

Not to mention how she somehow managed to get her blazing hair to spill perfectly onto the dark blankets, her back arching ever so slightly before everything relaxed with a very satisfied sigh.

Wow.

I leaned forward, pressing my hands against the surface of the bed, my apparently unblinking gaze ready to meet hers.

When she did open her eyes, she was visibly confused and surprised at my current expression.

"W-what?" She asked.

"Do that again," I said simply, enjoying the blushy and partially embarrassed look now on her face.

At least it did for a second before her expression turned to a giggly smile.

And then my heart nearly melted.

"Come here and I'll do you one better." She offered

I cocked a brow, certainly not about to pass up that offer.

"Is that so?" I practically purred, crawling over top of her.

Her confidence diminished ever so slightly but still remained there.

She was getting better at keeping it there night after night.

She nodded.

"Well, maybe not better, but different. I guess if you want to see that again you just have to be at the right place at the right time," She teased, tracing her fingers up my arms.

The corners of my lips rose at her words. That and the fact that her fingers continued their path up my neck and into my hair.

She then lifted herself up a bit beneath me, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

You'd think it would take more than that to make all of your problems and stress from the day disappear, but with her, that was all I needed.

I think she knew it too.

At least I hoped she did.

And she only initiated a kiss every so often due to her reoccurring nerves, so every time she did I made the most out of it