5 Pounds

I skipped my fitting. I just wanted to be alone. Not with 10 people crowding around me, so I decided to go to the garden took me to when Sybil died. I had to make sure no one saw me though, but when I got to the garden I noticed James was sitting their. I quickly hid, but I think he noticed me. "Miss Y/N, is that you?" He asked, I accepted defeat and came out of the bush. "Sorry, I didn't want to interrupt your thoughts." You said sitting down next to him and leaned your head on his shoulder. "How did lunch with Mr.Grey go?" He asked leaning his head on your head. "Awful, he kissed me, but I knew it was only because he was drunk. I wish I could choose who I marry. Aunt Elizabeth always tried to pair me up with men, back when I lived with her." You responded. "Sorry, I also know what it feels like. My mother tried pairing me up with random girls back at home. " He said chuckling at the thought.

We both sat and talked for a little while longer before he had to go get ready for dinner. you both said goodbye and parted ways. You liked talking to James, he was always so nice to you. You sat their for a little while longer but soon had to go back for dinner. You changed into a purple dress and headed down to dinner. "How are you?" Asked Matthew. You knew he was talking about what happened later today. "Yes I'm fine thank you." You said trying to avoid the topic.

You didn't speak another word after that, I was still thinking about how I really wanted to Marry. I loved spending time with Peter, but I also liked talking with James he made me laugh and feel better, but they both did. "Excuse me everyone, I think I'm going to bed." You said getting up. Tom, Robert, and Matthew also stood up and wished you a good night.

(Tom's POV)
"What was that all about, she was quite the whole evening and then just busted out." Mary said in a mocking tone. "Mary dear, calm down." Matthew whispered to her. "No, she gets how many suitors and she turns them all down except for the village boy and possibly the footman." Mary said in a very rude tone.  "Mary!! Y/N is going through a lot right now, her aunt and sister-in-law just died." Tom said standing up, and got quite angry. "Tom watch your tone." she said in a condescending tone. "I sorry I'm also going to bed." You said throwing your napkin on the table.

"What's up with him?" Mary responded in a sassy tone. "Mary that's quite enough." Matthew said grabbing her wrist, She looked at him with horror. "You are being particular mean today, Now you go apologize to them RIGHT NOW!" Matthew said in a firm tone. "Their our family, remember."