Backstory??

"Cora do you think it's to early to invite our brother over?" I asked putting my hand on top of Tom's. 

"No, you can invite him when ever you like." She said handing a letter to both Robert and Mary.

"Why is he asking to visit?" She asked with a smile

"Yes actually. He wrote and was asking when he could come visit us." I said placing the letter on the table. "Could I invite him over for my birthday?" I asked Robert giving him my best pout. 

"Of course. Please tell him he's welcome at anytime." Robert said.

 "How's Mary?" I asked Tom. He was one of the only people who could get a word from her.

 "Still pretty quiet. I don't know if she'll ever completely be the same." He said sighing before he eventually left, leaving me alone. 

"Alfred can you please send Bates up to the library?" I asked Alfred, who just nodded ad went down to go fetch him. 

James POV
"Mr. Bates, Y/N asked for you in the library. " Alfred said taking a seat next to me and sighed. Mr Bates nodded and went up stairs to meet with Y/N.

"What do you suppose their talking about?" I asked looking up from the paper. 

"I heard her talking about inviting her brother over. But I don't know why she would need Bates for it." He responded taking a section of the paper from me. I've never really meet any of her family members beside Tom.

"Do you have any family Jimmy?" Thomas asked putting down his cup of tea.

"Yes, I have a mother but I don't visit her often, but other wise no. No cousins either." I said shrugging. "My father died a while ago, I did have a sister thought, but she died of the Spanish flu."

"I'm sorry." Thomas said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Mr. Barrow can I have a word?" I asked standing up. He just nodded and followed me to the servants hallway.

"You have to stop touching me. Just because I didn't call the police on you doesn't mean you can continue doing it. I will still call the police." I said trying to keep my voice down so no one could hear us.

"I'm sorry. I'll try and stop." He said looking at his feet.

"No you won't try and stop. You WILL stop." I said heading back to the kitchen to send up a tray of tea to Y/N and Bates.