Plans

I couldn't believe what was happening, James just told me that our relationship was started off a bet. I don't know what to think. I mean, I love him and want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I can't help but feel hurt that the only reason he started to actually talk to me was for money. 

"Y/N? Luncheon is about to start." Anna said opening the door noticing me crying on the love seat. "Y/N, what's wrong?" She said closing the door and rushing over to me. 

"I'm just being silly. I'll be down in a minute." I said as she sat down beside me. 

"Nonsense. We have time. Please tell me what's got you so upset." She said as I took a breath and nodded. 

"Well, basically James just told me that the only reason he started liking me was because Alfred and Mrs. Patmore made a bet." I said making her gasp. "I don't know, it just hurt that he didn't want to talk to me before the bet." 

"That's terrible." She said. 

"But the thing is that, I fell in love with that stupid git and it's hard to get mad at him." I said as she nodded and handed me a handkerchief.

"It will be okay." She said as we both stood up and made our way down to luncheon.  "I'll see you later." She said outside the door as I nodded and entered the dinning hall with a smile on my face.

"Sorry I'm late, I wasn't watching the clock." I said taking a seat beside Tom. "What did I miss?" I asked, putting on a fake smile. I don't want anyone to know I was crying or sad. 

"We were just talking about your upcoming estate, actually." Mary said making me nod. "I assume you and James will marry soon so we've set aside a certain amount that will pay off the house. The only thing you must take care of is groceries. We'll hire and pay the maids, and what not."  Mary said making me smile. 

"Thank you." I said bowing my head as she smiled and nodded. 

"You're family now to." She said making me smile. "James can keep working here. What he makes should be enough for the groceries." 

"Oh.... right. I'll make sure to tell him." I said shifting uncomfortably in my seat.  'I don't plan on telling them quite yet. It just happened.' You thought to yourself before smiling and continued eating. 

JAMES' POV
"Do you know where Miss Branson is?" I asked as the maids shook there heads. "Thanks." I mumbled running up the stairs.

"Slow down." Miss Baxter said grabbing my arm, as I almost ran right into her.

"Sorry, I'm just out of it." I said as she smiled.

"Be careful." She said as I nodded and walked up the stairs instead of run. As soon as I walked into the dining hall I saw Y/N, she was in a meeting with t e family and didn't want to interrupt her.