Surprise???

You made your way to the drawing room and listened to people talk. Then all the sudden Mary had an announcement. She told us that she was pregnant. Everyone was so happy for her. I wanted to be happy for her, but I was a real downer the whole evening. Matthew tried to talk to you, but you kept zoning out and thinking about the fact Pete told you he loved you. "I'm sorry Matthew." You said zoning back in. He was talking about the lacrosse. He played when he was younger. "Can girls play on the team?" You asked, you played lacrosse with Pete when you were around 10. "I'm not sure, we can ask Robert." He said sounding very interested. 

"Robert, are girls allowed to play lacrosse for the house?" "No, only the men of the house play lacrosse, the women sit and have luncheon." He replied sounding quite disgusted that I even asked. "Oh, well do you think you could make an acceptation for me?" You asked with a little pout on your face. "Y/N, you know I would if I could, but it's tradition" He said in a whisper. "Fine..." You said sounding quite disappointed. Then Carson came in and announced dinner was ready. 

"Y/N are you ready for your ball tomorrow?" Asked Edith. "I think so." You said putting on a fake smile. "Really, because you look awful, were you crying over that boy again?" Mary asked. I knew it wasn't her fault she was so rude, but it still took me by surprise how bitter she was. "Am I not allowed to cry over a boy who told me he loved me and wanted to marry me?" You asked raising your voice, but you forgot you never told anyone about what happened between you and Pete. 

Everyone looked shocked, they didn't know you to were "lovers". "Y/N I'm so sorry." Tom said as he looked over to me. My eyes were open so wide yo would think my eyes would fall out of their sockets. I looked over at James, he didn't looked shocked like everyone else. After about 2 minutes of silence everyone continued eating. 

After dinner everyone decided to go to bed. Anna helped me change then left. I wanted to talk to someone so I went looking for James. I was still in my night gown so I put a silk robe on and went to go find him.