Cry

"Have you seen Mary anywhere?" I asked Robert asked he shook his head.

"I think she went out, why?" He asked.

"Violet is giving me her estate, so I wanted to check with her and you if it was okay, and to ask for advice." I said making him smile and nod. 

"I can arrange a meeting where we can all get together and discuss." He said as I smiled and nodded giving him a hug. 

"Thank you." I said before going to find Alfie. "Alfie!" I said catching his attention. "Have you heard anything from that restaurant about becoming a chef?" I asked as he nodded, but put a finger over his lips and gestured for me to follow him.  He brought me to the shoe shining room. 

"I just received a letter yesterday that they want to hire me as a chef there!" He excitedly said making me smile and hug him. 

"Congratulations! I knew you could do it." I said punching his shoulder as he playfully rolled his eyes. "Have you told James yet?" I asked as he shook his head. 

"You're the first person, I was going to tell him later today though. You should find him though. He's in his room" He said as I nodded before leaving to find James. 

James' POV
ONE HOUR EARLIER
"You have to tell her mate, this can't go on any longer without telling her." Alfie said patting me on the back. 

"I know, I... What if she hates me after? I don't want to lose her, after I lost my parents.. I can't lose anyone else." I said looking at the picture she gave me of her as a baby. 

"You won't lose her if your honest, you'll lose her if you lie and don't tell her." He said as I nodded. 

"If you see her can you ask her to come to my room?" I asked as he nodded. 

I knew what I needed to do. 

"James?" I heard a knock on my door. 

"Come in." I said as Y/N opened my door as came in. "I need to tell  you something." I said patting the spot beside me as she smiled and sat down next to me.  I slowly took her hands in mine and took a deep breath.

"James?" She said brushing a strand of hair out of my face. 

"When you first came to Downton, I think you remember that I didn't like you at first." I said making her giggle and nod. "And the whole downstairs noticed. So they thought it would be a good idea to make... a... b... bet. They said that if I got you to like..like me by the end of your visit, I got.. I don't even remember 10 pounds." I said as I watched the smile dis-aper from her face. "And I took the bet, but as I got to know you and we started to spend time together, I completely forgot about the bet, and fell in love with you." I said watching her nod, but she still didn't smile. "What I did was mean, and I didn't mean to take advantage of you.  I.... I didn't think it would get this far, but it did and I'm so happy it did." 

"Who did you make this bet with?" She asked as a tear rolled down her face. I went to wipe it off her cheek but she pulled away from me. "WHO DID YOU MAKE THE BET WITH!" Shestanding up and stepping away from me. 

"Alfred and Mrs. Pattmore, but don't blame them, I shouldn't of took the bet." I said as she nodded. 

"Thank you for telling me, but I need time to think about what you've told me." She said opening me door. 

"Y/N wait." I said before being interrupted. 

"Goodbye." She said leaving and loudly closing the door. After she left I just started crying. I threw a book at a wall, and slowly slid down the wall and cried.