Protecting Me

James' POV
"Excuse me?" I hear from behind me. Me, Alfred, and Daisy were all in the kitchen when Mr. Branson came in.

"Mr. Branson, what can we do for you?" Alfred asked as we both set our tea down.

"It's Y/N, she's upstairs and pretty upset, and I thought she needed someone to talk to so..." He said looking at me, but before he could finish I quickly pushed past him and head upstairs to see what was wrong.

Y/N's POV
"He knew I had a twin sister and never told me!" I said pacing around my room while James was standing by the door.

"Maybe he was trying to protect you from something." James said sitting down on my chesterfield. 

"No, that's not protecting me. Why would he need to protect me?" I asked as James just shrugged and patted the spot next to him. I just rolled my eyes and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry you had to hear this. I just need to talk to someone who's on my side." I said leaning  my head on his shoulder.

"It's okay. Are you going to try and contact her?" James asked. I juts nodded and pulled out the picture.

"I think I should, but Aunt Mara said I shouldn't. I don't know what to do." I said shaking my head.

"Do what ever you think is right. Follow your gut." He said standing up and left so I could do my research.

James' POV
"Okay tonight we have a few extra guest for dinner. Newton Grey and his parents.  Apparently there's a break in the school system, so he decided to come home and visit. Her Ladyship instead on inviting him and his family. " Mr.Carson said entering the kitchen, where we were all hanging out.

"So be on your best behavior tonight!" He said patting me on the back.

"Why is Newton Gray back? I though he was gone for good." I said as Daisy gave me a confused look.

"I thought you liked Newton Gray?" She said.

"I put up with him. I think he fancies Y/N."

"What?" Alfred asked choking on his tea.

"I thought it was clearly obvious." I said rolling my eyes. "Clearly not." I said under my breath.

"James hurry up!" His Lord ship is about to arrive!" Mr. Carson said as I nodded and rushed to go grab his luggage.