Shot

"Y/N stay here okay. Don't move." Tom said grabbing my shoulder as I looked at him with concern. 

"Why?" I asked as he stood up and shook his head. 

"Just stay here." He said running after the man that was in the shop the other day. 

"Tom wait!" I said getting up and following him. He was walking quick, so I had to run to catch up with him. "Tom." I said reaching out to put a hand on his arm before he flung himself on the man from the shop... who had a gun! As Tom pounced on the man he shot the gun over in our direction instead of the kings. I quickly jumped back but couldn't avoid the bullet. "tom.." I said as he turned around and saw what had happened. The man had shot my in my abdomen, my beautiful blue dress was being stained with a dark blood red. It was horrible. 

"HELP! SOMEBODY HELP!" Tom said running over to me catching me as I fell forward. "Why did you follow me, you're so stupid." He said brushing a piece of hair out of my face. "It'll be okay. Dr Clarkson's coming." He said as I nodded and started closing my eyes. I was losing conciousness. "Don't close your eyes Y/n." He said holding my head. "Y/N!" He said before everything went black. 

James' POV 
"James, you better come quickly." Alfred said running into the dining room as soon as we were in the hall alone he whispered. "It's Y/N." 

"What about her?" I asked as we both got our coats on. 

"She got shot at the parade today Jimmy." Alfred said as I stopped in the middle of the door way. To process what I was told. 

'She was shot. How is she? Is she still alive?' I thought before bolting down the drive to get to the hospital as soon as possible. 

As soon as I got there, the doctor lead us to a special room the family gets, and low and behold there she was Dr. Clarkson had apparently just removed the bullet. Tom, Mary, Cora, Robert, Edith, Bertrum, and even the King and Queen were all there. 

"Y/N?" I quietly whispered walking into the room before kneeling beside her bed. 

"James what are you doing here?" Robert asked before I took her hand and kissed the back of it.

"Me and Y/N are together. Have been for a while. We were just waiting for the right time to tell you." I said as looking up to everyone. They all had shocked expressions on their faces. "She really likes all of you and didn't want to tell you guys in fear that you would kick her out." I said as everyone looked at each other and nodded.  

"We wouldn't of kicked her out." Cora said placing a hand on my shoulder. "Were all very happy for you too." She said looking at Robert who nodded. "Family members we should go. If you want to stay Tom we'll be back at the house." Cora said as Tom nodded but didn't move. 

"Thank you for being with her." 

"They say she should be up soon. Dr. Clarkson just gave her a little to knock her out. I want to be here when she wakes up." Tom said as I nodded and sat down in the other chair. 

"I should of been there to stop her." I said as Tom looked up from his hands. 

"No, it was my fault. Something distracted me." Tom said as I shook my hands. 

"She asked me to go, but I told her I didn't feel up to it. If I just said yes she wouldn't of been on your back and she wouldn't of gotten shot." I said tearing up. 

"It's not your fault. It's no ones fault. How about that?" Tom said patting my back as I took a deep breath, wipped away the tears and nodded.

"God I almost ahs a heart attack when I heard what happened."I said playing with Y/N's fingers. "Now that the family knows. Now we need to tell the staff." I said as Tom puffed his cheeks.

"Have fun with that. Mr.Carson thinks of her like his own daughter." Tom said as I smiled.

"As long as Y/N's happy.  I don't think he'll be upset."