The ball

The ball was in 3 hours and Anna was getting everything set up. She was now doing my hair, I looked best in loose curls. So that's what she did. My dress was light blue dress with lace down the whole thing. It was comfy and looked very nice on me. 

I had white gloves,  a diamond jewellery set, and high heels to go along with the look

I had white gloves,  a diamond jewellery set, and high heels to go along with the look. Anna even pulled a couple strings to get me a tiara. "Wow, I feel like a princess." I said spinning around in my finished look. "You'll impress all the men tonight." Anna said giggling. "Come on, people are starting to arrive and you need to greet each and everyone of them." She said as I threw my head back and groaned. "Fine. Let's go." I said walking out of my room.

As soon as I stepped in front of the stairs all eyes were on me. I was the centre of attention, it felt weird. I had to go shake everyone's hand for the next hour ugh....

Newton Grey showed up along with the other gentleman I met with him. Uncle Robert wanted me and Newton to get together from the start, but he was to much of a stickler for the rules, for me. I liked going against the world once in a while. I mean someone has to do it. 

I shook every single person's hand with Robert. After about an hour we finally moved to the ballroom. "Ladies and gentleman, Miss Y/N Branson." Carson said as you came through. Everyone clapped as you came down the staircase. Newton Grey was the first one to ask you to dance. They were playing soft waltzing music. 

"You look stunning, you know." He whispered in my ear. "Thanks you, I've never seen you in a tuxedo before." You said as you both laughed. "I'm sorry about kissing you at the club the other day." He said. "It's alright, I knew it wasn't you." You said as the music stopped. A few other people asked to dance with you. Until Tom finally asked you to dance. 

"Thank you for saving me. All those men are so boring. How are you?" You asked dancing the waltz. "Ha ha your welcome, and I'm fine, still getting used to life without her." He said as the pace started picking up. "Can I tell you a secret, please don't tell?" You asked. He nodded his head. "Last night James kissed me." "WHAT! Really?" He said with a shocked look on his face. "We were arguing and the he just kissed me. Please don't tell anyone. I swear Tom if you tell Mary or Robert, I'll kill you." You said as the music came to a stop. "I promise. I kissed Lord Grantham's daughter, remember?" He said smiling as you all filled into the dining hall.