The Question

Today was the day that Robert got to come home from the hospital, and the whole house has decided to throw a little party for him.

"Oh hurry! I see the car!" I say as everyone nods and quickly makes there way to the front entrance where all the decorations are. Tom was kind enough to go with Cora to pick Robert up from the hospital.

"Welcome home Robert." Cora said opening the door as all of us started cheering.

"What is all of this?" He asked surprised to see everyone.

"We wanted to celebrate your getting better and coming home your lordship." Carson said as Robert smiled and stood up from his wheelchair, he wobbled a bit but Cora helped him stand up straight. Once he did Mr. Bates put on the Victrola and we all danced and talked.

All the sudden I felt someone grab my wrist and drag me to the staircase, once we got to the staircase he quickly pressed me up against the wall and kissed me. 

"What's this about?" I asked giggling while pulling away.

"I don't know, just seeing you dance around with you brother made me smile." He said as I laughed and kissed him back.

"Jimmy where are..?" Carson said opening the staircase door surprising us.

"AH!" James says as we pull apart. "Mr. Carson, what can I do for you?" He asked as I bit my lip trying to hide a smile.

"Yes, both of you get back to the party!" He says as we both nod and make our way back to the entrance.

"That was embarrassing." I said as as we both got in the position to dance, James just laughed and put his hand on my waist and took my hand.

After the dance Tom asked me to spend some time with Sybbie since Nanny was taking care or Marigold and George.

"Daddy told me you liked a boy, which boy?" Sybbie asked as I laughed and tickled her sides. We were outside in the garden and just finished up having some lunch.

"Did daddy tell you that? Well.." I said before James came and picked Sybbie up and started swinging her around. "James, be careful." I said as he laughed and rolled his eyes before putting Sybbie back down. 

"Hello there." James said as Sybbie giggled and hugged James' leg.

"This is the boy I like Sybbie." I said as she giggled and squeezed his leg tighter causing his face to contort in pain. "Come here darling." I said patting the spot next to me as she let go of James' leg and sat down next to me.

"Can you braid my hair?" She asked as I nodded and watched James sit down across from us and took an apple from the basket. "What's your name?" She asked James.

"James, mildly," James said playfully bowing, "Why don't you go run around for a little bit? I have something to ask Auntie." He asked as she nodded and started running around.

"Miss Branson, I have come here to ask you to dinner tonight?" James asked in a posh accent, as I laughed and nodded. "Good, I will come to pick you up tonight and we'll go out somewhere fancy." He said as I playfully gasped and held his hand.

"I'll be ready." I said kissing is cheek before calling Sybbie back and heading back inside.  "Tom, how was it at the shop?"

"Great, I'm actually meeting someone tonight for dinner." Tom said making me gasp.

"Really who?" I whispered to make sure no one heard.

"Lucy Bagshaw. She moved to the village a few weeks ago.  I really like her." Tom said as I smiled and gave him a hug.