Still A Secret

After dinner everyone started leaving. You talked to a few other men until eventually it was just you and Newton Grey. "Did you have fun?" He asked as you both sat down, drink in hand. "Yes of course, what's more fun than over a dozen men swarming me?" You said chuckling. "You do know I love you right?" Newton said looking at you. You didn't say anything and stood up and said. "You should go, it's late" Not even looking at him. He nodded, said goodnight and left.

"What was that all about?" Asked James sitting down next to you. You just smiled and shook your head. "May I have this dance?" He asked holding out his hand. I nodded, took his hand and stood on his shoes since my feet were killing me. Matthew and Mary came in and danced with us too, them came Robert and Cora. As soon as they came in I pushed James off me and ran to my room to go to bed. 

"Goodnight." I said to Robert and Cora. They both said goodnight and entered to dance with us as well. Thank goodness they haven't find out.

As soon as I got to my room Anna helped me change a left. Soon after I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to see James.  As soon as I opened the door he pressed his lips to mine and pushed me in farther in my room. As soon as he got a little farther he closed the door and pressed me against it.

"You looked absolutely gorgeous today." He said still kissing me. I gently push him off so I can breathe. "You can't be here,  I'm in my night gown." You whispered so no one could hear you. "I don't care." He said kissing my neck. "But I do." I said pushing him away once again. "Just let me tell Anna not to come in tomorrow." I said opening the door to see if it was all clear. He smiled and followed me downstairs to change. "Mrs. Huges can you tell Anna not to come up to my room tomorrow until I ring, I'm not feeling well so I'm going to sleep in." I said. "Of course milady." She said as I smiled and headed back upstairs.

I met James in my bedroom and we sat on the couch and talked. "What are we going to tell Robert and Cora?" I asked as as he went to go add another log to the fire. "I don't know, what do you think their going to say?" He asked "I hope their supportive. I mean Roberts like a second father to me.  I don't want to hurt him." I said as James sat down next to me. "When are you going to go visit your Mom again?" I asked as he kissed my cheek. "Not for a long time yet. She's not very happy about... us..." He said. "O, I really wanted to meet her." You said as he wrapped his arms around you . "You will eventually, just give her some time." He said wrapping a blanket around us causing  you to fall asleep.