Chapter thirteen

Once the great feast was finished, a sixth year prefect lead all the first years to the first year common room, telling them all the password was 'pureblood'. How unique of them, Harry thought, smirking. Once all the first years were in a line, the prefects started talking, Professor Snape standing in the background. 

"We are a united house, do not expect anything from any of the other houses. They see you no better than the scum on the bottom of their shoe. We maintain calm in the public eye, any quarrels between dorm mates must be sorted and kept within your dorm rooms, or, by extension, the common room. There are only three rules within Slytherin, one which I have already covered. One, is we stick together, two is we must maintain the highest spots and three is that we dong get caught. Is that clear?" The girl got no reply, so she nodded. "Good. I shall hand you over to Professor Snape."

Harry straightened his back at that, as the tall and mysterious man stepped up, eyeing all the students and stopping on Harry. He quickly came back to himself, "Welcome to Slytherin. I do no longer have a magnificent speech, as over the years, the prefects have taken the most important bits and made a rather short speech, which has been graciously passed down. I am open to discussion, if any of you have any worries or woes, do not be afraid to come to me. I may needlessly say, none of the other professors would be willing to help, they never have before this point." He said, and Harry's hand shot up, and Snape raised a brow.

"Yes, Potter?" Snape said, barely containing the sneer, and Harry decided to pull out the big guns, "Please Professor, is their any way to get my last name changed? My father was an utmost vile man and I do not wish to share his name. If possible, I would prefer to go by Evans, my mothers maiden name." He said politely, and Snape nodded, "I shall see what I can do. Now, was that your question, or just a spur of the moment?" Harry nodded,

"Just a spur of the moment, sir. And thank you. I was actually wondering if there is any etiquette class? Not for the entire school, just Slytherins. Because as a Slytherin I do not wish for myself to be made fun of or to make a fool of myself. I have learned of it, and follow it, but it was from a very old book, and I am unsure how accurate it is. Plus, I sense over a quarter of the students in this room to be muggle raised half-bloods, and there is three muggleborns that I have personally noticed." 

Snape looked slightly taken aback, and cautiously replied, "First off, you are most welcome, second, I do not think there is. And thirdly, how could you tell that so simply? None of the others were aware, I wasn't even aware there was three muggleborns." He asked, "I am a great observer professor. You have to be when you live with my family. Always think ten steps ahead, just to make sure you aren't hit over the head with a frying pan or something." He shrugged, "I suppose figuring people out came along with that, to see if I should avoid them or not. I have figured nearly everyone out standing in this very room." He said, almost as if it was nothing, and people were gaping. 

Snape was speechless, and the blond ponce spoke up, "Go on then, figure me out. Prove it." He smirked, and Harry scoffed, "I figured you out from the five minutes in the robe shop. Rich, and rather spoilt, but kept in check by your mother. Surprisingly, it is your father that insists that you must be spoilt, leading me to believe you are loved and cherished by him no matter what people say about his shady past, which he easily got out of. Which then makes you believe your daddy owns the world. There are other facts, but I do believe they are too personal, even for the Slytherin common room. Am I wrong?" The entire room was silent, and Malfoy squeaks out a tiny, "No." And everyone gasped, leaving Snape to be very impressed. 

"Anyone else?" Harry asked, and many people were sorted through. Everyone growing more impressed, "Do professor Snape." Someone suggests, and Harry objected, "I would-" But then Snape thought fuck it and gave Harry permission, eventfully cutting him off. Harry nods. "I'll try to keep it as non personal as possible," to which Snape nodded his thanks,

"You grew up in a muggle area, and still own the house there however you refuse to reside there and prefer to stay at Hogwarts. When you were eight, you met a girl, a muggleborn witch, she was-" Harry stopped for a second, before shaking his head and continuing, "She was eventually sorted into Gryffindor when you attended Hogwarts. Going back to you, you didn't have a pleasant home life and thus enjoyed being outside and trying to make potions with whatever was laying around. You were quite fond of the park, and had a den set up under the slide so you could stargaze with your friend. When you went to Hogwarts, you were bullied, and because they were precious Gryffindors, they were never punished. Leaving you to wallow in your self pity, with no one to help beside your friend." Harry coughed lightly, "I think I'm going to stop there, professor. It might make me cry." Snape nodded in understanding and Harry laughed sadly, standing up and stretching, casting a wandless tempus.

Snape was astonished, and watched as Harry read the time, "Blimey, I think I best go to bed." The time read half one in the morning, and he nodded to them all, "Off to bed. Boys on the left girls on the right. Goodnight students." The professor received an array of replies and everyone was in their dorms.

Once in his dorm room and he had picked his bed, the overly smart boy changed quickly. When all the other boys were asleep, he heard quiet crying from Draco's bed. Harry instantly knew what it was and made his way to the blondes bed. "Hey Draco? Is it alright if I open the curtain?"

------------------------------------

cliff-hanger I'm evil

but tbh the chapter was too long anyway