Chapter Thirty Three

Halloween came around soon enough. Nothing particularly eventful had happened, Harry seemed to keep the peace between houses. Dumbledore had tried his luck with Harry, but Harry wasn't having any of it.

Draco was more open with his regression and he and Harry spent many nights colouring or playing pretend, and Harry found his own stress relieving while looking after Draco.

There was no more meetings between Harry and Tom-Quirrel, but they spoke through the diary almost daily. Harry ended up telling Tom about Draco's regression, not used to keeping secrets from him. Tom too thought it was adorable.

Harry had explained what was happening today to Draco once he had woken up 'small'. He explained that Draco had to stay with the Slytherins, but Harry had to leave. Draco pitched a fit, and a huge one.

After a small conversation with Tom, the plans were changed. Instead of Harry and Draco being in the hall when Quirrel ran in to moan about the troll - which was the original plan - Harry would deposit Draco at the dorms and run in with Quirrel. The plan was practically foolproof. Draco agreed with it a bit more anyway, once he was told he could have ice cream in bed.

The day was normal, otherwise, and the plan went ahead. Draco was tucked up in bed with his teddy, and Harry and Quirrel ran into the hall half way through the feast blubbering about a troll in the dungeons.

Uproar was the initial reaction, after Quirrel fainted (with Harry checking his pulse and such). Once Dumbledore had calmed everyone and sent the teachers on their way to the dungeons, Harry and Quirrel escaped to Fluffys room, to do more investigating.

Harry had in fact spoke to Hagrid, and found out the only way to calm Fluffy was to play music. So Harry did that when Tom, now fronting looked around. He lifted the hatch, and saw the bottom was pitch black. Just as he came back up to tell Harry he couldn't see anything, they heard footsteps approaching, and quickly.

The younger of the two, thinking quickly, shoved Tom behind the door and stepped out to the other side, making sure whoever was coming couldn't see him. Once they were close enough he realised it was Snape, and just as he went to push the door open, Harry stepped out in front of him.

"I wouldn't do that, professor." His eyes were dark, and Severus was a little intimidated. He was sure he'd seen that look before, but not on the likes of Lily. On James perhaps? But no, it was too dark even for that toerag.

Careful Harry, you're evil is showing.

A small voice in his head said, and Harry schooled his features. He felt his diary vibrating madly in his pocket, and could feel Quirrel-Toms anxiety and confusion through the door.

He could wonder later, right now he had a Snape to deal with.

"Why not, Evans? Out of my way." He puffed his chest up, to look bigger, but Harry wasn't having it. "I will explain all later, professor, but you must go." His voice was a little more sincere, and sounded achingly familiar to Severus, and Harry wasn't aware he had said that. It was almost like he lost temporary control of his body.

Either way, Snape was walking back up to fight the troll. Harry let out a sigh of relief and pulled Tom from the room behind him.

"What the fuck was that?" He hissed to him in the snake tongue. He received a confused look in return. Harry left for the Slytherin dungeons, gripping his diary with white knuckles.

------
What should I do with the Gryffindors?? Like I really want to make Ron good because I love that little ginger twerp. But same for all the Weasleys really.

I have a plan for Neville (wink wink)

And Hermione? She's got a story line, sort of.

And total word count: 666