Chapter twenty nine

Harry and the rest of first year Slytherin's had a further thirty minutes until lunch. Harry and Draco wandered off from the group, to a set of mostly unused toilets (in Slytherin territory of course).

Draco was confused because he had gone to the bathroom just before History- and so did Harry, if he remembered correctly.

But instead of ushering Draco or himself into a stall, he slid down onto the pristine floor. Draco naturally sat next to him and rested his head on the tallers shoulder.

"I care for you a lot, Draco." He spoke, his voice low. Mentioned boy smiled; he brushed his hair out of his face to leaned up and kiss Harry's Jaw.

"I care for you too." He replied, the sound muffled as his face was now moved into the robes of the other.

Harry lifted his chin and kissed the corner of his mouth, earning a grin.

"Draco? I have a few, ah, questions."

Draco, suddenly filled with unwanted anxiety, nodded.

Harry quickly soothed him before continuing, "Draco, I can't help but notice, you are very," he paused for a second before deciding on his phrasing, "childlike. Yet, when we originally met, and, before the first night, you seemed very mature. Possibly too mature for your age."

The blonde boy seemed to physically mature in front of him. He shuffled away and squared his shoulders, sitting more elegant, and Harry couldn't help but notice how beautiful he was.

"I'm not sure how to explain it, really." He started, "When I was younger, something awful happened. And since then, as I've grown, I found myself slipping to a younger age, in my mind, only sometimes. From before it happened. I originally went to father about it, and he thought it was adorable. He encouraged it."

Draco let out a small smile, "Mother agreed that it was a good coping mechanism. She called it age regression, if that helps you understand any. So I only became small around my parents. Father was scared, when I came to Hogwarts. He thought I wouldn't cope, because I had never been in my correct mind for more than an afternoon, so I acted older and stronger for him. Mother never agreed with him coddling me anyway and she said Hogwarts would be my lesson. My way to grow up."

"Then I met you. I had never felt safe around anyone else while being small, and then you were there, and suddenly I was small in front of the entirety of Hogwarts." He finished with his head in his knees, that had been pulled up to his chest somewhere through his explanation.

Harry, who had stayed adamantly quiet, smiled and pulled the smaller of the two into his chest. "Thank you for explaining, Draco. You can be small again, if you'd like. I apologize for pulling you from your headspace."

Draco gently shook his head, "I don't feel small anymore. And you didn't really pull me, I was teetering anyway, because I'd been small for so long."

In all honesty, Draco was just glad Harry hadn't pushed for information on the incident.

All he was met with was a nod and kiss on his head, "Thank you for trusting me. I promise to never let anything happen to you, my sweet."

-----
I wrote this in twenty minutes forgive me,,,

Also he's some actual plot and a reminder that this story is little!Draco