Chapter Forty Eight

Ron, er, Karkoden and Draco got along splendidly. Well, they had to. They would be living together soon if the Malfoys had any say in it.

Harry had sent the letter off three weeks ago, and Lucius had come almost immediately. He got all the information, and sorted it in a way as to not make it look like it came directly from the dark lord. He soon went and spoke to the minister, who decided it would be looked forther into before accusing the Weasleys of anything.

Lucius was patient, but still annoyed. Finally, after two weeks of painful waiting, the ministry officials were sent in to question Ron. Harry had told him how to act, and he had it down to key.

He acted clueless, but spoke in an incriminating way. He mentioned Ginny's strange birthing times, and that was checked over. It was seen that there was no way Ron and Ginny could both be the Weasleys biological children, and so were both due to be given blood tests tomorrow.

Karkoden was giddy, and even understood Draco's regression a little bit. He was a little bit confused, but enjoyed helping Harry look after him. The three boys often ended up in Severus' quarters, and even Kode had eased to calling the man by his first name.

It was early morning, and the three were once again in Severus' rooms. Suddenly there was a knock at the door, and Lucius stood in the hall with two ministry officials behind him, "I'm here to collect Ronald Weasley," Severus nodded and sent the boy on his way. Lucius discreetly smiled at Draco, before leading the ginger boy up to the headmaster office.

Once inside, they were met with Arthur, Molly, Dumbledore, Ginny, Minister fudge and two other ministry officials. A few moments after getting situated, a tall woman stepped through the fireplace. She was wearing all white, her hair pulled back neatly. It was Narcissa. She smiled warmly at her nephew, and opened her medical case.

"Lets get started, shall we?"

"Now now, I really don't think this is necessary. Do you honestly think-"

"Yes I do, Dumbledore. Children, please present your hands."

Both children did, and Molly looked to be getting progressively angrier, and Arthur looked like he was about to pass out. The twinkle from Dumbledores eyes was gone, and he tried to interrupt again.

"Dumbledore, if you attempt to disrupt this procedure again I will take you to court on the base of perverting the course of justice."

That shut the old man up, and Narcissa continued on with the testing. She handed both children small daggers, and placed glowing paper in front of them. "Now, slice the palms of your hand and dribble some blood on the parchment, exact measurements don't matter. Once you are finished, I have a potion to close your wounds."

Both children nodded, and with shaking hands, they both sliced into their palms. Karkoden was finished first, and so got his potion, and Ginny got hers immediately after.

Everyone sat with bated breaths as the blood soaked into the parchment, but soon the truth came forth.

"I can confirm that Ronald Weasley is in fact, Bellatrix Blacks son." The minister announced, and that is what set Molly off.

"She's lying! She obviously faked it! Charmed the knives!" The woman was shrilly screaming, and both children were crying at the commotion. Narcissa worked on calming them both, while Dumbledore and the minister were defusing the situation.

Narcissa pulled a hysterical Ginny onto her lap, and Lucius sat with Karkoden, soothing him.

The yelling ceased, and Dumbledore was cautioned. Molly and Arthur were given a warning and told to go home.

"Come along, Ginny." Molly's tone was harsh, and the girl cried harder, "No! I don't want to!" She sounded almost hysterical, and turned her wet sad eyes too Narcissa, "Please don't make me go,"

This set off alarming bells in both the Malfoys heads, but it just made Molly angrier,

"Ginny!" She reached for the girls arm, but she let out a scream. Narcissa spun up, the little girl in her arms, one arm under her legs and the other on the back of her head.

"What did you do to her?" Molly screeched, and Narcissa stared at her husband for help, right as Molly reached out to slap Narcissa.

The blonde woman managed to avoid it, but Molly's nails caught Ginny's ear, causing it to bleed.

The minister ordered Molly to be cautioned, too, and Arther did nothing to help.

Fudge looked at the Malfoys, "My apologies miss Malfoy, this is terribly unprofessional of me, but would you mind looking after Ginny? I believe Arthur needs to see a mind healer."

Now Narcissa looked, she could see the obvious signs. "Of course minister, I'll have her for as long as needed. I'll start on medical scans in Severus Snapes rooms."

The minister nodded, and Narcissa turned and sped out, Lucius and Karkoden not far behind. Luckily, Lucius had managed to grab his wife's medical case.

-----

I could not to my baby girl Ginny bad like that. I feel so bad :((

Also yes Fudge is competent in this book!!

I low-key love how this is going,,, but I literally can't remember jack shit any the earlier chapters (it's literally been a year guys) so of you're a more recent reader and have noticed any plot holes pls tell me!!