Chapter Fifty Four

Harry had done some thinking. He had overreacted, and really ought to say sorry, but was too prideful. Instead, he took off to find Percy. The students were due back soon, in a week's time.

Christmas had been uneventful. He only got Draco a present, but had left it at Hogwarts. A necklace holding an emerald. It was simple.

He had questioned over giving him a ring, but decided he would do that as a seperate ritual for Draco's obedience. He had researched them some more, and while the black pair that he'd given to Severus were for soulmate bonding, the white pair he had was strangely different. Very similar, but they simply bonded two people. By using them you're stating someone as your equal, and for as long as you wear them you're swearing loyalty.

Rounding a corner, Harry spotted the tell tale Gryffindor cloak swishing around a corner, and he jogged to keep up.

"Percy!" He called, turning the corner to be met with two faces. Wrong Weasleys. Harry huffed, "Do you guys know where Percy is?"

"No, why,"
"Do you,"
"Need him?"

"Nothing in particular. See you around!" He sped past them, but they followed. They were honestly starting to creep him out.

Luckily, Percy cane to his rescue. Sort of.

"Harry! There you are. Come on, I've got to keep an eye one you. Let's go." Percy grabbed his hand, twisting on his heel and walking back in the direction he came.

"They told you?" Harry hissed, slightly put out, slumping behind the older boy.

"Yes, and they viewed me as the best candidate for watching you. I'm not exactly sure why, but I'll take it with stride. Plus you get to hang out with me, what isn't to love?" Percy was smiling, now aware of the twins following them.

"Does that mean I get to do prefect rounds with you?" Harry skipped to keep up, pressing to Percy's side.

"It does. I'm unsure of sleeping arrangements, but I believe I'm to go to Slytherin tower with you." Percy turned on his heel, once again, to the twins who stopped dead in their tracks.

"What do you want?" He spoke with a strong voice, and Harry tugged to have his hand back.

"We want to know why Potter needed you. Anyway, what were you talking about? Why do you need to watch him?" The two switched with talking, and stood tall. Harry saw Percy weighing his options.

"If you haven't noticed, boys, our head of house was murdered, and it appears to of been an attack by someone who follows you-know-who. Harry is prime target, so he has to be protected. That's what we were talking about. Now, off with you. I have to report anyone who shows suspicious behaviour regarding Harry, and I wouldn't want you two to be the first on the list, no?" Percy walked away, and the twins didn't follow.

Harry walker beside him, "Can I please have my hand back? I feel like the Draco in this situation."

"What's that? You always liked holding my hand." Percy let go, smiling again.

"Yeah well that was when I was trying to convince everyone I was an innocent child. Clearly, that didn't work." He huffed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Well, that will happen when you go around murdering people, Harry. Now come along, let's go to the library yes? Severus has ordered me to watch you, and Lucius is working with the ministry to have me be your, ah, guard if you will. Not that any of us think you need it." He chuckled, and Harry nodded.

"I'll teach you a few tricks one day."

The two students sat in the library for a while, reading.

"Percy?"

The mentioned boy didn't look up, but hummed.

"Do you ever think I'll be able to be normal?"

"You are normal, Harry. The world's perceived notion of normal is not a correct one." He looked up, placing his book down, "I know you're struggling. We all are, and I know you can be a little mad sometimes," he shot up a silencing charm, and a strong one at that, "but I also know you're a caring boy. You act much too old, but I can't imagine what goes on in your head. You're full of love, but you're also traumatised. And well, also a little bit insane, but your family still love you. We are your family now, Harry. Things are hard, but know that I will stand by you. The Malfoys, Tom, Severus, me, Ginny and Kode, we all love you. Just warn me at least next time you plan on murdering someone, got it?"

Harry was a little teary eyed, "Well, they really told you everything, huh?" He received a nod, "And thank you for everything you said. I guess I never thought of it as family. Just.. people I cared about, I suppose."

"It's normal to not understand. I don't know what will happen, but just know, I'll cover for you." Percy grinned a little, and went back to his book.

-----

I REQUEST HELP

now that I have your attention, would anyone be willing to reread this book for me? I really hate reading my own work, but I have a feeling I've left some mistakes. I want it all sorted before chapter sixty, so if anyone could inform me of any mistakes I would greatly appreciate it!

Also how would we feel about Ginny also being regressed?

And apologies for how awkward this chapter was but I literally had no idea what to write. I love Percy sm and I needed to introduce the twins. Trying to differentiate between completely batshit crazy Harry, student Harry and Draco's Harry is very hard, by the way.

That's all for now, I love you all, mwah!

(Students should be coming back next chapter, some drarry fluff perhaps and the chapter after that will be Molly + Dumbledores trials, hopefully, but I need to know of any loopholes before then)