CHAPTER 3

•••

Kiss

After MMA, my days proceeded, somehow, in a better disposition. It's sad but I think it would be best for the both of us.

Sometimes, I would wake up feeling bad from being fine despite everything but I guess this is how life works. We need to move on and look forward for tomorrow.

There are also those nights, I'd dreamed about Hanbin and those nights were like the ghost of my conscience that is hunting me.

With my members being beside me throughout those lonely days, I feel good and motivated.

Before the year flips for another beginning, we all decided to take a break from all the stress we have for the first few months after debut.

Rosé went home to Australia as well Jisoo who loves that part of going home so she could be finally feel being the maknae despite of being the oldest in our group.

Thailand made my break worth spending for all thanks to Lisa for bringing me to her homeland. I felt more extra happy knowing I did spend the staycation with my Mom. Well, we both love that part where we travel a lot.

Slowly coping with the sudden changes, and the expectation that was set for us we feel more pressured more than we thought it would turns out. Sometimes, we feel bad hearing those people making it seems that it looks like our success were spoon feed to us. Just because we are from the 'Big 3 Entertainment' that's why, and waking up just to deal all those shit made us more stronger to show how we didn't came to play but to set a game for everybody with high heels to fully enjoy the show.

We're not BLACKPINK because of YG, because of our looks.. we are BLACKPINK because we are sisters who dreams together, reach our dreams together, and standing up onstage together. We've been through a lot for the past six years, almost giving up but we stood still and strong.

Just what the color our team brings, beauty isn't everything.

“Majimancheoreom, ma-ma-majimancheo—”

“Wait, wait, wait!” I lift a hand, signaling Lisa to stop.

“Wae?”

Jisoo 'tsked' realizing what's coming. Lisa looked at me innocently like she got no freaking idea at all while Rosé eyed us knowingly.

“It's ma-ji-mak-cheo-reom. Not ma-ji-man-cheoreom,” I said, emphasizing the 'mak' syllable from majimakcheoreom.

“Ne!”

Stifling a laugh, Jisoo nudged my shoulder. Raising my one brow I made sideway glance at her, that's her cue.

“This is the 20th times practicing that part. I'm feeling tired already.. aigoo. Why do you have to be a burden, Lisa-ya?” Jisoo acts cooly exhausted.

I'm internally laughing watching Lisa’s sudden change of emotion. She was like a living happy virus a while ago and now it looks like she's in depth thoughts of her mistake.

I cough a little and continued the act. “Lisa, if you can't pronounce properly even a simple ‘majimakcheoreom’ how can you expect our practice to run smoothly? We're all tired and hungry practicing till dawn for this but you—”

“I-I’ll practice more.. mianhe,” with eyes brimming with tears, she slowly bowed her head.

I made an angry cat face to Jisoo but maybe she didn't get what I'm trying to say she stood up and went to the door. I turned to Rosé but she looks clueless with Jisoo's sudden gesture.