CHAPTER 45

A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.

•••

Show

Summer literally extend inside the Grand Palais for Chanel's show despite of the grey autumn weather in Paris.

The whole venue recreated a beach scene including an ocean with those little gentle waves and those blue sky. To add, there was also wooden docks and lifeguards in Chanel fit making it more look like a beach in flesh. The water that was used was reprocessed by the Paris sewage system and the sand recycled by the construction industry. Totally a masterpiece.

Sitting next to me in the front row Baywatch actor Pamela Anderson who completed the summer scene, of course, minus in her bikinis since she was wrapped in a white fitted dress.

"Yes. Jennie Kim from BLACKPINK. My pleasure to meet you, ma'am.."

A little pleasantries before the proceedings starts off with the sound of gulls signalling the show to start. The first model strolled through the waves with her shoes in hand.

The show went to include bikinis and swimsuits. Sun hats, bag shaped like a beach ball. Macs for rainy days and a parasol print.

Renowned celebrities and Chanel executives were present also in the show headed by the designer Karl Lagerfeld who previously brought a Chanel supermarket and a rocket bearing the brand's signature double C logo to fashion week. On the far seat after Pamela who was sitting next to me, was Pharrell Williams with his wife Helen Lasichanh.

Awed with how models pull those colourful tweed skirt-suits and some carried several handbags at once, I made a mental note to what would pickle my interest. Given the fact vintage has been always my style.

They also featured Chanel-emblazoned swimwear, jackets, knitwears, earrings and hair slides. I bet it would really appeal mostly to the millenials who lust after vintage Chanel from the 80s not excepting me. Mom would rant with regrets for not attending the show, so I just made a plan to surprise her with one of these collection I guess. I'm thinking whether to choose jewelry or those tweed sequence fit, either way, she would still love it for sure.

Echoes of Coco Chanel would be scene throughout the collection like those pearls embellishing model's belt for example.

With those Breton tops and sailor's jacket featuring in many of her collection, and the sea being her constant inspiration, I can really tell her longtime love affair with the beach plus, she's been credited with making sunbathing fashionable after being photographed in the 1920s after a Mediterranean cruise.

"Would like to see you perform on my upcoming Chanel collection opening next year.."

I laughed along with my racing heart. I'm getting more conscious talking with big shot fellas like Pharrell. My God, he's a genius and everybody looked up to him!

"That would be an honor. Thank you very much and it'll be my pleasure to do so, perhaps if my sched would allow me.." I smiled.

"Hun, she wouldn't miss it. Well, Miss Kim, I hope you wouldn't really miss the party next year.." Helen let off a warm smile.

"Of course! Korea's Chanel Ambassador wouldn't miss it for sure!"

Socializing wasn't really my thing, but in line with my work in the industry, it couldn't help. Although I do parties once in a while but that would rarely happens. I prepared being a homebody and watch Netflix or anything I'd want.

Before the night came, we strolled around the avenues in Paris around the Eiffel tower. Took some snaps in front of the Arc de Triomphe.

"Let me do it, oppa!"