CHAPTER 32

•••

Injury

"I'm fine."

I lost count exactly how many times I use that line starting from the last night. It was only a minor injury that I accidentally misplaced my footing on the stairs and twisting my ankle in result. Falling to the ground was even worst.

The pinks went to attend me immediately and right after we wrapped our first day concert I ended up sitting on a reclining chair with my foot elevated right above the level of my chest. Chaeng was the one applying the cold compress while waiting for the doctor to arrive. I couldn't argue further with that matter since they all insisted the checkup.

I kept on telling them already that I'm alright, at least that's what I thought, because I'm still hype up from the concert and would literally bounce out of excitement for the following day two concert but then pinks happen add up our overprotective managers.

Thankfully the doctor finally arrived much to my worry since I've no idea what will be the test result though I'm perfectly fine right now but who knows.

"Thank you for even coming up late this night, sir. We were just all worried it might worsen if not getting called for a check up. Does any surgery applies for her injury?"

A what? Surgery? That's getting too far. Aigoo. This folks really needs a sleep to clear their mind.

"Surgery is seldom needed for mild or moderate sprains. It is sometimes considered when a person with a severe sprain is a professional athlete or someone else who will likely put a lot of stress on the joint in the future.. just like you, Miss Kim." He said and pressed the injured part on my ankle.

"Ah!"

He craned his neck and frowned to see clearly the injured part. I couldn't speak enough to assure everyone that I'm alright not when I can't seem to bear the pain at this moment. I have low tolerance when it comes to physical pain and this time, it shows.

"I'm going to move your foot and ankle to determine what bony parts are involved. Also.. let's check the Achilles tendon for any signs of rupture."

I took a deep breath and braced myself for the pain. I held on Jisoo's hand tightly waiting for the doctor and when he finally did the work, I was already clutching Jisoo's hand very hard.

"Gwaenchana. Gwaenchana.." She hushed.

"Don't be afraid onni! It's just a sprain! Jisoo onni sprained her ankle so many times before and look at her ankle now.." Lisa motioned Jisoo's ankle and tried to flex it.

"Ya!" Jisoo yanked her head off her foot.

I almost laugh if not only for the doctor around us. We can't be all go crazy over this serious matter.

"So far, this is not necessary to call for a trip on the hospital for an x-ray. It's often but not always just to make sure that a fracture is not present. Mostly, ankle sprains heal without complications or difficulty but.." He trailed of and started applying the cold compress.

"Will she be able to perform for tomorrow night? They still have day two for their concert.." Manager oppa butt in.

"Oh. About that.. she must need to consider the proper shoes for her condition. High heels or platform shoes are not the best choice if you're trying to prevent to worsen her injured ankle. Much better if her foot will have a cast."

I nodded shyly and mentally checking my footwears I brought for the concert.

"Make sure to check her up right away after the concert or even in the middle of the concert. Follow up for ankle sprains is needed only if the ankle is not healing well. This could indicate there is previously undetected fracture or torn ligaments. " He nodded to everyone before turning to me. "And Miss Kim.."