CHAPTER 17

•••

Disband

I was pissed the whole week and did not talk to him only to my members and WINNER's confusion.

Exhausted from our practice since we three of our content will be choreographed, I easily lost some weight. Added the stress and pressure we deal from the past months.

I didn't really gain much weight during our 100cation film since I'm taking some detoxing drinks plus actively doing yoga after the reality tv ended.

Mino:
I'm sorry. But please don't ditch my birthday again this time

I did not reply and continued to work.  I'm maybe lazy somehow and loved to chill but I want everything to be perfect so I really work hard in preparing this comeback. I personally reviewed all the demos Teddy oppa had recorded from the past years.

In fact, we prepared a lot of songs before and I got a notebook full of my composition. I participated in writing Stay before though I don't mind being not credited. It was my least priority since we're just starting off that time but thinking it right now makes me feel a little bit sad.

Of course, I want to be credited too but complaining is too really exhausting when I have a lot of things to do.

"Jen, kindly read this one and give your thoughts about it when you finish. You can add or improved something if there's a need to.." Teddy oppa handed me a lyric sheet while still focused on the monitor.

"I will.. when will I return this?"

Pausing his works, he swiveled to face me.

"Anytime you want," he winked and get back on his track.

I frowned and read the lyrics. This.. this such a bad bitch breakup lyrics that pickled my interest.

"Wait. This is the lyrics you showed me four years ago. Oppa, what's this?"

He shrugged and signaled me to leave. Okay, if that's what he wants.

Before I was kinda hooked with some certain tragic movie. It wasn't really a love story but the ending was really captivating even though the lead cast did not end up together.

Teddy oppa asked me what I was doing that time and I kinda shared my thoughts about that movie. I didn't know he's scribbling some lyrics and the next day I was so shocked when he showed me the lyrics he wrote.

"So, are we getting a reality tv soon? Jinjjayo?"

My forehead knotted as soon as I heard the noise coming from the lift. I'm heading to our studio when I saw iKON and they were all stunned to see me as well.

"Jennie!"

"Noona!"

"Yo wassup rapper Kim!"

I smiled and bowed to greet them. Hanbin came last and as soon as our eyes met, I instantly looked away and readied to excuse myself.

"Uh. How are you?"

Taken by surprise, I couldn't speak to answer that. I mean, wow. Hanbin was finally talking to me after more than a year? Well, I don't know if it was coincidence Mr. Yang sent them to concerts after months of being hiatus knowing his official announcement of banning iKON to meet us just started that time.

"Mian mian, jikyeojuji mothae mianhae! Jal salgilbarae! Mian mian neodo nal ijeo--" Bobby tossed his lollipop to June cutting his dramatic singing. "Wae?!"

"You're so loud."

I turned to Hanbin and we both laughed watching the two bickering with each other.

"They're still crazy.." I commented.

He nodded in approval. "Can't argue with that. Anyway, I have something to show you.."

He grabbed my hand before excusing us from his members.

"Hyung! Be careful with the CCTVs! Sajangnim might imposed again banning us to meet BLACKPINK!"

"Punk. As if we didn't know you liked Rosé's birthday poster on instagram!"

"As if you didn't broadcasted on national tv that we're banned to meet BLACKPINK."

"As if you two are not in the middle of the hallway and CCTV's we're just around the corner.."

As soon as we arrived to their studio, he immediately released my hand and jogged to the corner of their studio. He picked up his bag and rummage the content.

"Look at this, I bought a new camera. But I really don't know if it is good.." he hand me his cam. "I'm kinda interested with photography these days."

Wow. That's really new. I didn't know he was into photography when he doesn't liked taking selca and preferred to just pose in front of the CCTV.

"This is a film camera so I think you can take a lot of good pictures. Plus the tone color of this camera was pretty good.." I said while still manipulating his camera.

"Thanks," he smiled showing his perfect set of teeth. "Let me try it to you."

I hand him back the camera and made a pose. We both laughed after seeing the result. Some were even blurry.

"You have a lot to improve," I kidded.

He smirked before glancing back at me. "Nah. I'll just ask Mino hyung to teach me."

Right. That psycho was pretty cool with this stuffs. Photography means art to that bastard although I really find it weird, but still it's really cool somehow.

"Anyway, how are you both? I heard you both attending Taeyang sunbae's wedding last month.."

I let off an awkward smile before nodding.

"I really thought he wasn't serious when he said back then that I should--uh, nothing.." he avoided his gaze which made me suspicious.

"What did he said?" I'm hundred percent sure my face ain't got any humor this time.

"It's nothing. I thought he wasn't serious, but I was too brokenhearted to end up doing something.. unforgivable. I'm sorry."

What did that damn bastard said that made Hanbin do something.. wait. Did Mino fucking said something that made Hanbin to impose that banning thing?

"W-what did he said? Tell me. I just wanted to know.. I need to know."

I hate for a fact how manipulative some of YG's male artists. And I have a bad feeling about this..

"He told me that you knew about my feelings already and you didn't mention it so I won't get hurt. But I saw how shocked you are when I confessed everything.. I was confused.  That day, when you saw me at Mr. Yang's office. He was there with me.."

My mind literally went blank but I'm still confused and couldn't elaborate the point of everything.

"He was there to negotiate with Mr. Yang but we all know about your dating ban hasn't lifted yet. I knew nothing much what they have settled in the end but one thing is I'm sure of.."

Hanbin bowed his head and I don't know why my tears started to flow realizing the curtains finally dropping one by one.

"WINNER almost disband."

No. Impossible.

--

No Jenkai for this chapter because you know. We all need to be enlighten the reason why would Jennie and Mino couldn't happen. But anyway, another few chapters before Jenkai will be back but it would be a heartbreaking scene. If y'all knew what happened last year, you better look forward because hmmm. I won't spoil furthermore. Happy reading 😊