CHAPTER 42

He isn't the guy in the universe, but he is the only one that matters.

•••

Contentment

With my quick pace almost half-running, I immediately stride on my way to the door but before fully opening it I already prepared my prettiest gummy smile I could muster.

His intense gaze greeted me before even how it lazily started to soften painting a smile on his eyes and lips. Gone was his wolf-shaped eyes and now replaced with a sparkling liquid from the deepest well staring down on me. Funny how it still amazes me how his alter side did not give justice to his look and the image he portrayed ontsage.

Gone was the sexy man which everyone called Kai, the name he preferably want to be called. And Kim friggin Jong just in.

"Hey.." I softly uttered before tiptoeing and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

He held on my waist tightly trapping me in between his grip but still quiet holding back his self from falling to that invisible trap I made. His lips were still tightly shut not gaving in, but I could feel his heart beat failing to allude him this time when I could clearly feel it's fast beating booming inside his chest. How silly and kind of cute.

"I missed you.." I said trying to catch a glimpse of his gaze but he didn't allow me as he quickly avoided his gaze on the other side. "It's been days and I'll be gone for Paris tomorrow."

That gave him even more confident to ignore my kisses and stood there unmoving.

"Eh!" Settling back to the ground, I eyed him incredulously before tugging him inside.

I guess he's quiet pissed after I told him I'd be off to Paris for tomorrow. He said if he only knows it beforehand he should request a leave and would stay in France until I finish the PFW.

That's the reason why he was so frustrated earlier and went to see me as soon as possible.

He plopped himself on the leather couch, with legs widely spread giving space for me to sit in between. I stood in front of him quiet dazzled with the realization as heat traveled to my face making me more anxious to move.

That's no-no.

He eyed me and motioning me to sit down but I'm still quiet frozen in front not moving, that made the frown on his forehead grew even more before pulling me to sit on his lap-good thing my butt landed safely on the space in between his legs and unfortunately my legs reclining miserablly on his right leg.

My lips parted as the heat continued to burn my cheeks. I watched him in awe with his every little expression that shown, making my stomach fluttered with all the insects that's probably celebrating after being deprived of his presence for so many days.

I bit my lip suppressing a smile as he pursed his lips in annoyance along with his furrowed brows. Unsatisfied with the little space still in between us, he impatiently hoisted me up and making me sit fully in between his legs with my back facing him.

Resting his face on the crook of my neck as his arms quipped to encircled my waist for a tight hug pressing my back toward his clad chest.

Finally, I could breath properly as the maddening beat of my heart awhile ago did subside and got back from its normal pace. It was replaced with warmth and cozy feeling wrapping my whole system at ease that made sigh in contentment.

I felt more contented and at peace. It's so amazing how his presence giving me so much of emotion and peace. A kind of peace you've been wanting ever since and it feels like you're in heaven filling up more happiness in your chest.