CHAPTER 33

•••

Career

We ended the night in Day two in Osaka beautifully in the midst of the pink ocean and together with the blinks we sang Stay.

I don't know, but whenever we performed Stay, it always bring me so many memories in the past. Different emotions we felt from being happy to sadness all that we've been through from the past years. Maybe it's because that's what always happen when you sing the song that always has a special place in your heart.

Despite of getting injured, I still manage to sleep peacefully. It's so rare to sleep without worrying too much for what's coming. I'm honestly bracing myself for another wave of new things that will hover us in the future. I'll give time to think that might be later these days.

I'm just.. tired but happy. Anxious but contented. It's always been a cycle. I know we all have personal dilemma with my members but the good thing about it, we always try to work it out together and resolved this as soon as possible. We may act brave and fearless onstage but when we finally breathe offstage, all our tears would start falling through and through and looking back how we've come this far in a span of short time since debut, we will always feel emotional. It's just.. everything still feel surreal and I'm afraid that we will woke up one day, all this things would be gone.

And as much as possible, we want to treasure every memory we could create with our fans. They serve as the anchor to every decision we make, to everything we do and the main priority before our happiness. Aside of getting on the stage and slayed a performance, we dreamed of becoming close to all of our fans. We always wanted to give them the best by providing a song that could easily touch their heart and soul.

To be free. To heal. To live. And make a purpose.

Our trip back to Korea, I felt something was off with our male managers. I get that they're quiet still worried with my condition when the pain didn't subside that I almost have to crawl on my feet after waking up in the morning.

"O.. oppa? Is there anything going on?" I took the chance of finally talking to them as soon as we board on our flight.

They all exchange looks before Bokyung oppa nodded and turn to my side with a faint smile. "We will discuss that matter as we got back to your dorm. This is not the right place to talk about it.."

Anxious and nervous I went to utter the words I feared to ask. "Is it something to do with me?"

They didn't answered my question but the look on their face tells everything. The nervous I'm starting to feel intensifies for more because somehow, deep inside, I got an idea what we will going to discuss.

I just only hope it is something about the progress of the investigation about that Indonesian rapper who threatens to kill Lisa on our concert.

But no. As soon as we arrive, even our manager unnie was waiting for us. The managers requested the pinks to stay on their room while we talk.

Jisoo, Lisa and Rosé shared the same panic and worried look before they left me in the living room with our managers.

Manager unnie had this solemn aura that always makes her look so sad. Fans even call her Sadness from the movie Inside Out.

"Jen.." Jikyu oppa has this looks when he called me.

"Be careful with your words.." Bokyung oppa shot him a warning look.

My chest could burst from the anticipated words I really did not want to hear as of the moment. Not now.. when I'm still barely starting to sort those things to what will happen next.