CHAPTER 39

You are my person. For me, you will always be my person.

•••

Corset

"Can we just stay like this for a while?"

I already said yes and all, he still looked sad and won't let me go. I lost count already how many times did he asked me if I just said yes to him and if I'm already his girlfriend. I do not know whether to laugh at him or kiss him for being such cutie but ending up doing both.

"I still have work for tomorrow and so are you. Plus, we don't want anyone to know about us yet." Of course, except the pinks.

I'm still worried how to bring the news to our managers. I'm sure they would fret because this will be no easy and there are paparazzis we should be worried about. Thinking all the possibilities, it still scares me and probably would hunt me if Sajangnim finds out. I know this ain't the right time to indulge someone knowing I'm in the middle of gearing up for my solo as well BLACKPINK's rocket success has been just starting.

We still have so much to do but I can't bear either to watch losing Kai in the process. I still can't focus knowing I'd hurt him again.

I had so much drama ever since and if going easy with this relationship is to hide it from everyone, then I would.

"So, you already plan to keep this relationship a secret?" He asked bitterly.

"Look. I didn't said we will keep this a secret but yes, that's what I'm trying to suggest if we want to work this out.." I searched for his hand and clasp our fingers.

I felt odd watching our hands together. My soft little hands looks like a baby's hand to his palm. But it's too beautiful I couldn't help to smile a bit watching our hands and feeling the fireflies in my stomach making circles.

"Are you ashamed to be with me?" He sounded painfully to my ears that went straight to my heart and welcomed it lovingly.

"No. I'm just saying we will keep it low. You know how the media works and I have so many things to do and I can't afford to drag my members into this. Kai.." I leaned closer to him and hugged him from the side, "keeping us a secret is not just about to protect us, but to protect our members as well. We can't be fully happy knowing they would suffer along with the consequence."

He sighed in defeat but still he won't look at me. His jaw moved in a painful way before his mouth open up to speak.

"Even though I still don't understand why we should hide it, I hate to say that you have a point. My members would be fine but I'm more on worried about you than anyone else." He intertwined our fingers tightly and squeezed my hand a little.

"Thank you."

He snobbed me again by acting nonchalantly watching over the window.

"You already know the drill, so what's not there to agree.." I smiled bitterly, more on to myself and just how exactly my mind filled with an image of him and his ex getting out of that car again.

My chest tightened reminding that scene again. Clearly, that still hunts me. I can't ever forget that day.. or maybe I grow up with so much pain to carry like a baggage.

Slowly, while caressing his jaw motioning it to face me and yet there he was finally gaving in. He let go a deep breath and drop his gaze on me.

I tried to smile as wide as I can before I drop a bomb.

"You see, this is my first time to be in this situation and between the two of us I think.. you're more knowledgeable into this since.. you've already dated an idol before, perhaps you already know what to do?" That doesn't seem like it sounds good judging the look on his face now.