29. Ombré

We're almost at 30.

we're old.

I'll write now.

L.O.V.E. the one and only, unless I have a clone I was unaware of,

Elle. X.

_____________________________________________________________

"Love me love me, say that you love me, fool me fool me, go on and fool me, love me lo-"

"Shut up."

"C'mon Lou, I just wanted to siiiiing."

"Val, you dance."

"Not no more!"

"Grammar, isle five."

"You suck."

"Lolipops."

"Fine then, you're a dum dum!"

"You're mean."

"thank you."

I was sitting with Lou Lou on the sill of the diningroom window, while Suze and Harry tried to prepare dinner behind us, and Niall read a book. He's reading war and peace, which he seems to like to tell me a lot.

"She is mean, so mean." Called Harry, chopping Carrots.

"What did I do to you?"

"You tricked me into watching a movie with you."

"No, you tricked ME into watching a movie with you!" I called over my shoulder. Lou put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest, holding my head there at an off angle, saying,

"Shhhh, Val, it's ok, Harry is a tricky young lad, shhhhhh"

"Can you guys shut up, I'm trying to read!" Sighing, I got bored. Louis released me from his death grip. I played wwith the green curtains for a bit, their soft, smooth surface. I know auntie bought them at lilly Pulitzer, because of the weird elephant print on it. Suddenly, I got an idea. I looked to see if my clothes were ok. I was wearing evergreen jean cut-offs, and a ombre white to navy button up, with a leather belt. I took the belt off, and the shirt because the ink would run, leaving me in my red lace bra. Oh whoops. I eased my butt to the edge of the wooden ledge. 

"What are you doing?'

"Sitting, how 'bout you, Lou?"

"Waiting to see what stupid thing you do next." 

I finally pushed my ass to the edge, and using my hands, lifted from the edge, and sailed into the salty water. I was submerged for a moment, the salty water invading my eyes, stinging them, entering my nose, burning my airways. I felt my shorts get really heavy, and I felt where the water was poking me through the holes in the lace. I bobbed my head up, to see Suze giving me this look, Louis's shirt off, soon to follow, and Niall poking his head out the window further down.

"What the hell?" Asked Harry from somewhere inside.

"What?" I asked. 

"The Carrots are burned!" Giggling at his obliviousness, I watched as my friends followed me into the sea.