44. Northwestern Vs. Dublin

I like embarassing myself.

Infront of guys I like.

at 11:30 PM in a parking lot, yeah.

Eloise oXoXoXo

P.S. If anyone would like to message me, I have Ideas for the sequel.

I just need to know if it's too... flip floppy.

______________________________

It was cloudy out, no rain, but no shine, and it was july twenty seventh. The opening ceremonies were tonight. I was going to go to Suze's party for them, and I was deciding on my outift.

I was striding by the kitchen table, wiggling into my shoe, and stopped where the mail resided in the center of the table, and back-tracked.

There were 6, big, fat envelopes, and 4 little ones with my names on them. I turned around to see if the coast was clear, even though no one was home.

I ran to my room, and threw them on the bed.

I started with the little letters. They had Cornell, Oxford, Harvard and cambridge.

I opened each slowly. Waitlisted at Oxford and Harvard, denied at Cornell and cambridge.

I had applied to Uni in the course of the last year. I really wanted to get a higher education. I was trying to go full scholarship, but I had saved most of my money from dancing, just in case.

I applied when Danielle and Liam were the only beacon of hope in my life. Liam really encouraged me to do so. I think he wishes he could've gone to uni, too. I applied to ones in America too because I needed to get out, start fresh.

The 6 big envelopes were from Northwestern, Georgetown, Dublin, Edinburgh , St. Andrews, and Columbia. Accepted. 

Immediately, I threw the one from St. Andrews, Columbia, and Edinburgh into a seperate pile. 

As a girl, my auntie often took me to the art institute in Chicago. My auntie painted, you see. She told me these fascinating stories about crazy artists, and what they did for love, for their work, for their families. It didn't seem so crazy.

I figure if I go to Northwestern, I could go there in the weekends. We often strolled around those campuses. 

I liked Georgetown because it was in D.C. which I visited once. I would love to be there, in the capital of America. I feel like an American sometimes, because of my auntie.

I had never been to Dublin, but I figure it would be a lovely city. It wasn't the U.K., and that's what I needed. That was as close to home as I was going.

After a moment of thought, I tossed the Georgetown enevelope in the pile with the other ones I wasn't thinking about seriously.

I tucked the two other piles under my bed, and kept the one from Dublin and Northwestern. I opened them, and read through the packets, pamphlets, and I got a tee shirt for NW and a mug from Dublin.

I was reading about the Dublin food system when I heard footsteps down the hall. I quickly tossed them into a messy pile and threw a pillow over it. I then checked the time.

6:45. Damn, party starts at eight. I plugged my curling iron in and quickly popped on some high waisted demin shorts, and a oversized white sweatshirt with the union jack on it. I slid on some knee high socks, and some chunky heels. 

I curled my hair up, only burned myself twice. I was ready to go, and it was 7:02. The things you can do when you set your mind to it...

I fixed up my make-up, and set out the door. Harry was there, sitting on the couch. I remembered my dream from last night and let out a giggle which sounded like a squeak.

"I know I'm hot, but don't squeak too much, ok?"

"Ok, as long as you stop hitting on me."

"No can do"

At this he jumped off, feet first, arching his body as he landed off the couch, over the coffee table, and right in front of me. 

He wrapped his arms around me, ans swayed to the silent music. 

"Hey, remember when I kissed you in Nantucket?"

"Yes."

"And you were wearing that sexy red dess, and the moonlight glistened off your hair.."

He continued to sway me, rock me back and forth. His arms encirled me, and mine were around is neck. It was so soothing, yet it made my heart thump like thumper from bambi. I wanted to stay like that forever, but runaway and scream. 

"I was, and you looked hot too,"

I said looking up at him, as he looked down at me.

"I gotta go, but I'll see you lat-"

He leaned down and smacked his lips onto mine. I forgot about everything, and just focused on the feeling of his lips trying to envelop mine. He poked his tounge out, and we started snogging to the muted slow dance music playing in our hearts.

It was too good to be true, as the lock on the door jingled, and Niall stood there, staring at us.