38.One twenty two

I Got the greatest comment on go fish

it's still in my heart.

Speaking of heart, Anyone heard Ronan? 

It's so familiar. No, I don't have a kid with cancer,

but I knew one. 

Niall?

or!

Harry?

Your biggest fan, Eloise XXXXX

update 3 of the day. OH MY!

_____________________________________

It's been a long night. Last time I checked the clock, it was 11.12, just my luck. That was a while ago.

I heard the door creak open,  the sound of shoes hitting the floor, a closet being opened, and a coat tucked away.

Harry plonked down next to me. He sighed, and streched out.

"What are you doing up at one twenty two?"

"I could ask you the same thing"

"Go for it," He says, smiling at me. I beamed back at him, and giggled a little. 

"What are you doing up at one twenty two, Harry?"

"I'm sitting with the most beautiful girl in the world, what are you doing at this hour?"

"Watching britian's next top model re-runs, sitting with a world famous popstar."

"You could win this show."

"You could too, darling."

"I'm darling!?" He moved his arms frantically. I giggled at this. Being with Harry was so easy.

"Extremely."

"So how was your management meeting?"

"They're really nice."

"They get a terrible rep, they really care about us, and you! Paul loves you!"

"He does?'

"Yeah, don't act so suprised! It's not that hard to love you! What did they want to know?"

"You know."

"I do. I just want to make sure."

"Uhh, well they showed me a whole bunch of statisitcs, and they basically want me to fake date one of you guys."

He gave me this 'you're fucking with me' look, his eyebrows scrunched together, his lips pursed, his head tilted.

"Did you get to choose?"

"Yeah, but it had to make sence with the stats."

"Which said....?"

"I should date Louis or Niall." I said it fast. I didn't want to dwell on it. We were getting on so well...

"Oh. What about me and Zayn?

"Zayn just broke up with what's-her-face, and you look like a player."

at this  his lips drew even tighter like he was going to punch something.

"You know none of it's true, right?'

"I actually didn't know who to believe, I mean zayn said-"

"And you believed him?" His fists clenched.

"Harry you know how many naive mistakes I made not listening to others? I don't understand why he would lie. Ok, now I see it a little. I just didn't want to get hurt again. I'm so tired of crying myself to sleep Harry!" 

I sorta shouted the last part. 

"Valerie, listen to me.," He sounded so exasperated, so sad, so hopefully hopeless.

"I would never do that to you. You are the greatest person ever. Even if we were fake dating, I'd treat it like it was real. Already, I would jump over the moon for you. I'll be your mark anthony, if you'll be my Cleopatra, as long as you promise not to kill yourself."

"But Harry, how do I know you're not just saying this... I mean, I trust you, I'm just getting all these mixed signals. It would be so much easier to fake date Niall. No one brags to their friends that they slept with him, because their friends wouldn't believe it. He doesn't stumble home at one twenty two at night." My voice rose at the end, starting to shout. Louis sleeps through everything. I hope.

"I'm not drunk! I wasn't at a club! God damn it Valerie why are you believing people who don't believe in me! You're being a bitch! Niall this, Niall that! Why won't you listen to me, or are you really that thick?!"

Very calmly, I took a deep breath, regained my compsure, and with a eery placid tone, I spoke.

"Niall wouldn't call me a bitch. That's why I chose him."

I picked up my phone awkwardly from the table, and strode down the short hall to my room, but not without stumbling over the carpet. God damn it the one time when it's important to be smooth.

I could feel his regretful eyes trained on my back. He would be biting his lip, arms crossed or in pockets, I can't decide, regretting his word choice.

I opened my, door, shut it slowly, counted to three, waiting for him to chase after me.

1

It's so wierd having boys like me, chase after me, verbally abuse me.

2

No, it sounds... like Michael. All Harry needs is a knife and a fist ready to hit and shove.

3

Well, so much for love.

And with that I twisted the lock.