6

I helped them close the big loading doors to the truck.

It had been a long day.

.

The young men had gone out of their way to help me and with that help, we had managed to get about 50% of my stuff put away. All of the major pieces of furniture were where they belong and they had gone the extra step to unpack the kitchen and even helped put together the beds and such.

.

"Thank you guys so much," I said as I shook each of their hands.

As I did, I passed each of them an envelope with $250 dollars inside.

.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Mr. Templeton," all four repeated.

.

I smiled.

"Well you guys certainly deserved it. You really did a great job. And remember, please, call me Will."

.

"Well, Will, we could come back tomorrow and help you finish," one of the young men suggested.

.

I shook my head.

"I appreciate the offer, guys , but, I think I can handle the rest.

Besides, I have waited a long time for this and I want the fun of setting things up the way I want them."

.

"Well, you have our number."

.

They got into the cab of the truck and moments later they pulled out of my garden and onto the dirt road that would bring them to the village and from there back to the highway.

I waved as they pulled out of sight.

They honked the loud horn of the big truck. It echoed across the water.

.

I stood in front of my wrap around veranda and took a deep breath.

Finally, I was home.

.

I looked out at the breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean, that stretched to the horizon.

It was this very view, that convinced me to buy this land, some two years ago.

I knew this was where I wanted to build my dream home. I knew this was where I wanted to live.

.

I smiled to myself.

Winning the lottery did have its advantages.

.

My life had been pretty much a piece of crap, up to the lottery winning, but now at 32, I was finally happy.

I had my dream home and I could concentrate on the two things that made me the happiest; writing and music. And not having to worry about money meant that I had all the time in the world to do both.

.

I jumped up on the veranda and went inside the house.

There were still boxes everywhere and I surely had my work cut out for me, but I didn't care.

I had more than enough time to put everything away.

.

But all that could wait.