79

As November closed, we got some more amazing news.

Jessie was pregnant with hers and Bobby's first child.

.

Evangeline had been suspicious that she was, for some time, but Jessie kept denying it.

She later told us that she wanted to be past the first couple months, before she made the announcement.

.

Evangeline gave her shit for not telling her, but the anger lasted about ten minutes.

Evangeline and Jessie had become the absolute best of friends and now, sharing their pregnancies, was simply bringing them even closer.

.

Despite our wedding and the wonderful news of babies coming, I was still very sad and concerned.

Something was not right with Whisper.

.

In the last week or so, we had really begun to notice a huge difference in her.

She constantly complained of being 'ill', which completely stunned both Evangeline and I, considering the fact she was a Spirit. She spent many hours, laying on her bed, eyes closed.

She would tell us that she was sleeping, but I had a suspicion that her trips to the so called, 'white room', were becoming more and more frequent, as her time on Earth was lessening.

.

She was also experiencing a tremendous reduction in her abilities.

She could not stay visible all the time. She would be visible for a short period of time and then disappear. We would often search the house for her, but with no luck what so ever.

She would suddenly appear in different areas of the house. When we would question her about the disappearances, she had no idea what we were talking about.

To her, there had been no lapse in time. She only had memories of being with us.

.

She also had a tremendous reduction in her ability to move things. She even had to stop making coffee in the morning, as she could not lift the coffee pot full of water to fill the chamber. After replacing several carafes, we decided that one of us would make the coffee at night before going to bed.

That way, Whisper could at least push the button to start the coffee and have the feeling that she was still making the coffee for us.

.

She was also having trouble reading books and we even had to sit with her when she wanted to read her comics, as she could barely turn the pages.

She could not operate the remotes anymore or turn on her computer.

She spent a huge amount of time simply sitting in front of her television, watching cartoons.

Either Evangeline or myself, had to turn on the television for her.

.

We were both tremendously concerned, and upset beyond words, but what could we do. There were no doctors that we knew of that would make house calls for Spirits.

.

~~~~~

.

"What is happening to me?"

Whisper looked around the white room. There was no one to be seen.

"Where are you?"

.