78

Bobby did have the perfect idea.

He suggested that we find a blind priest or minister to perform the ceremony, at our house.

Since neither Evangeline or myself were really religious, we decided that perhaps we should find a blind Justice of the Peace or maybe a Judge.

.

We thought we would have a hard time finding one, but it was easier than we expected.

Actually the first phone call Bobby made, met with success.

There just happened to be a blind Judge, in Deer Lake, who agreed to do the ceremony for us. He was retiring at the end of the year, but he agreed, happily, to help us out.

.

So on November 1, 2001, Evangeline and I were married, in a very private ceremony in our living room.

The Judge's assistant, who escorted the Judge, agreed to wait in our kitchen until after the ceremony was over and then he would take some pictures for us.

.

Bobby and Jessie stood for us and Evangeline and I exchanged our vows in front of our living room window, with the first snowfall of the year, lazily falling in the background.

It was a perfect setting, for a perfect moment.

.

Whisper proudly stood between us and held our wedding rings.

.

The short ceremony was perfect and the fact that the people we loved more than anyone in the world were there, made it all the more perfect.

.

After the ceremony, we had pictures taken and the Judge and his assistant shared a drink with us and they were on their way.

Bobby and Jessie stayed with us for several more hours and we ate a variety of appetizers and salads and such that we had picked up just for the occasion.

.

"So, where are you two going for your honeymoon?"

.

Evangeline shook her head.

"We are not going anywhere right now."

.

"Why not?" Jessie cracked.

"Don't you want to have some fun before you get too fat to do so?"

.

Evangeline sneered at her.

"Aren't you a funny one."

.

I spoke up, laughing slightly, although it quickly went away when Evangeline glared at me.

"We decided that we will wait to go anywhere. Neither of us are really that interested in going anywhere right now."

.

Evangeline continued.

"We love it here and we have everything we need right here and besides, we don't want to leave Whisper alone."

.

"Can't she go with you?" Bobby wondered.

.

I nodded.

"She could, but seriously, we are just happy to stay here, in front of the fireplace and enjoy a beautiful winter."

.