76

The next week flew by.

Evangeline and I had decided that we should give living together a trial run, so she basically moved in. She had been getting along so well with Whisper, that at times I was actually a little jealous of their new relationship.

.

"Its a girl thing, Daddy," Whisper would say.

"You wouldn't understand."

.

Maybe I didn't, but I also didn't care. The two women I loved more than life itself, were getting along. That was all I cared about.

.

Before the week was over, Evangeline and I talked. Our relationship was stronger than ever and Whisper assured us that she was not going to destroy anything else, so Evangeline, officially moved in.

There was such a wonderful connection between the three of us, although I kept getting the feeling that the two women had more that one secret they were hiding from me.

.

It was the first Friday after Eva had moved in. I had to leave early to go to the Deer Lake airport to get Bobby and Jessie, who were arriving from their trip to Alberta. I had not told them about Evangeline or about the fact that their house was ready to move into.

Evangeline and I had decided that it would be a surprise.

.

Whisper was coming with me to the airport.

Not that I could stop her.

.

Evangeline had a doctor's appointment. Just routine women's stuff, she told me.

I didn't question any further. She seemed happy enough and assured me that it was nothing serious.

.

When we got back from the airport, I took Bobby and Jessie to their new home. They were excited beyond excitement. We all had a drink to celebrate. I was hoping Evangeline would be back but there was no sign of her.

I snuck off and tried to phone her, but she was not answering her cell phone.

I was a little worried, but kept a brave face for Bobby and Jessie.

.

We stayed there for an hour or so and then went to my place. Evangeline had still not returned. While Whisper and the cats kept Bobby and Jessie entertained, I went to the gazebo and called Evangeline, once again, on her cell.

She did not answer, but minutes later, as I was walking back toward the house, her car pulled into the garden. I called out to her as soon as she got out of the car. She ran to me as quickly as she could and jumped into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist.

She kissed me over and over again.

.

"Have I told you today how much I love you?"

.

She had but she could say it a thousand times and it would never get old.

She unwrapped her legs and stood in front of me. I could see she had been crying, but she certainly did not look upset.

.

"I have something to tell you. It is very important."

.

My heart sunk.

"You're not breaking up with me, are you?"

Why that was the first thing that came to me, I have no idea.