70

Whisper sat on her bed staring at the wall. Will had gone to Corner Brook, again, to replace even more item that had been destroyed.

Whisper had done as she promised and over the past couple days, she had returned all the albums back to their proper jackets and even put them all back in the exact spot they had been before.

Will was amazed at her ability to do so, but then she was guardian angel.

.

Now, alone, she was deep in thought, her future growing gloomier by the minute..

.

Spirit and Ghost jumped on the bed and both started their little dance.

.

Whisper forced a smile and half-heartedly petted them.

"Not right now kitties. I'm not in the mood."

.

The cats stopped dancing and walked up to Whisper, one on each side of her. They kneaded the comforter for a few seconds and then they both laid down, one on each side of her.

She petted the cats, gently. They immediately started purring.

.

"What am I to do kitties? If Daddy and Evangeline get together, then I will have to leave."

.

Both cats began to growl.

.

"SSSShhhhh. But if they don't, Daddy will be so sad. He loves Evangeline so much and they will make me return anyway.

And then Daddy will be all alone."

Both cats began meowing a sad howling sound.

.

"I know kitties. What am I to do?"

.

The cats got up, turned and sat, facing Whisper.

.

She petted both of them. "And I will miss you guys so much."

.

There was silence. Both cats simply stared.

.

"I love Daddy so much and I want him to be happy. Evangeline makes him so happy and I know she loves him too."

The cats turned their heads as if trying to understand.

"And even if I split them apart, they are still going to make me return. They have a power over me. I can't fight it."

.

Whisper floated off the bed and stood on the floor. She began walking across the room.

Ghost and Spirit jumped on the floor and followed near her feet.

"I don't know what to do. I wish I knew what was the right thing."

.

She walked to her computer table. There on the desk was a picture of Will. She picked it up and stared at it for a long time.

She could feel sadness build in her.

"They are going to make me go back anyway. They have made that clear. The question is, do I go back with Daddy still loving me or hating me for what I did to him?"

.

She put the picture back on the desk.

The cats were sitting at her feet.