anything for you

you and Johnny could both feel the thick layer of tension between you two.

there was no real argument between you and Johnny, but recently you've been drifting because of his new girlfriend. all your life its just been you and him, best friends since forever so how were you supposed to act or even feel when he got his first real girlfriend?

your pov

of course i'm upset, some girl just comes in after all of this time and it just feels like she's taking him away from me and he's fine with it. all this time i though my feelings for him were obvious, and they might have been and he might just not care. but either way she is still taking him away from me and i'm not handling it well.

i've been blowing him off a lot lately and yea i'll admit a lot of the reason we've been drifting is my fault, but he has some of the blame to.

for the past couple of weeks he hasn't made any effort to hang out with me or make contact with me. and anytime he's not with me and we're not in school, she'll be all over his snap.

and the worst part is, when he's with her he seems so much happier than he's ever been with me, and just that thought makes my heart clench.

we're sitting at my kitchen table studying for an exam we have coming up in algebra. my breath hitched when i felt his foot brush against mine. i guess John noticed when i saw him look up at me and smirk a little.

he slammed his pencil down and turned to face me fully before speaking, "i'm bored," he whined and poked out his bottom lip.

"lets do something," he suggested. "hmm, what about the tickle game?" when i heard those words, i jumped out of my chair and ran as fast as possible. he knows i hate being tickled, so when he really needs to get something out of me he uses it against me.

"NO, NO, NO PLEASE DON'T!" i screamed and giggled at the same time running away from him. "it's too late now, y/n" he chuckled and caught up enough to grab me by the waist and pick me up.

John threw me on to the couch and sat on top of me ensuring that i couldn't get up and away from him again. he tickled me for a good minute before grabbing my wrists and locking them in place so i couldn't squirm anymore.

"now that you can't get away," John spoke softly "can you tell me what is up with you?"

i furrowed my eyebrows trying to pull off being confused, "what do you mean? i'm the same old me." i lied.

ever since Johnny first introduced me to his girlfriend, i've blocked out everyone. stayed off of social media for a while and just focused on myself and trying to get over these feelings that i have for him. obviously that hasn't quite worked seeing that we're in this totally intimate position and my heart is about to jump out of my chest.

"no your not, y/n. i've known you for how long? and your still trying to pull this 'i'm fine' shit with me? no, your telling me whats wrong, now so we can fix it." he stood up grabbing my hands lightly and pulling me up with him.

"this isn't something you can just fix John." tears welled in my eyes and i looked down trying to blink them away. just before he took my chin in between his thumb and forefinger and lifted my head up.

"woah, woah" he wiped my eyes gently, "why the tears? is it that bad?" Johnny asked worried.

"i-if i tell you your gonna h-hate me," i sniffled, "what? y/n i could never hate you! your my best friend."

more tears spilled at his words, making him even more worried. "t-thats the p-problem..." i whispered, almost inaudible.

"what do you mean, thats the problem?" he asks confused but it seems like he was starting to understand what i meant when his eyes widened. "are you serious?" his eyebrows furrowed showing me that he was actually confused.

i didn't move a muscle while he studied my face in search of an answer. neither of us said anything for a couple of minutes, until i spoke up.

"please say something," i whispered being scared of the rejection i was about to face. his grip on each of my hands remained there slowly rubbing my knuckles in a soothing way.

"how long?" he asks suddenly, but i didn't know what he was referring to. "how long have you felt this way?"

a long ass time, but i wasn't going to admit that.

"um, i don't know." i lied, but i'm guessing he didn't believe me. he raised one eyebrow at me before speaking, "your lying," he stated. "tell me the truth."

"well honestly," i let out a deep breath i didn't know i was holding in, "a while."

"i don't know what to say," he let out a shaky breath and our eyes connected. "you don't have to say anything, i know you have a girlfriend and i know she means the world to you. so lets just stop talking now and if you never wan-" he cut me off, "who said anything about her?"

"well, i was just saying tha-" John cut me off again, "and i'm just saying that there is no way in a million years i would ever choose her over you." a blush rose on my cheeks when his words sunk in.

"that doesn't change anything," i thought about it, he still only thinks of me as his 'best friend'. it's not like he could just magically grow feelings for me out of the blue. especially when he is technically still dating her.

"how do you figure?" he questions me as his hands moved from mine to each side of my waist, holding me there in front of him. "well i doubt the feelings mutual, and you can't just drop her for someone like me." i shrugged looking away from his intimidating stare. it made me nervous whenever he looked at me, which was more often than not.

"first of all, y/n i've had feelings for you since the day we met. second of all, who has restricted me from dropping her right now and making you mine? and third of all what do you mean, 'someone like me'? y/n your literally the most beautiful, kind, smart and funniest girl i've ever met and will ever meet." my eyes darted up to meet with his green ones.

"y-your joking," i choked out. "i've never been more serious in my life. y/n i want to be with you, always have and always will." he spoke completely confident.

"so what now?" i asked because i didn't know what his next move would be. "well, thats up to you i guess. do you want me to kiss you first or break up with her first?" his hands haven't moved from my waist the whole time giving me goosebumps.

"you should probably break up with her first, otherwise that would be cheating. and even though i cannot stand her for the life of me i would never wish that on anyone." i spoke bringing my hands up to rest on his chest.

John chuckled at my response, "i'm like 99.9% sure she's cheating on me right now." he shrugged. "and i was really hoping i could kiss you first. you have no idea how long i've wanted to kiss you." he put on a pouty face but turned away from me looking for his phone on the couch.

a sudden burst of confidence ran through my whole body as i grabbed his wrist, turned him to face me again and smashed my lips to his. he seemed shocked at first but after a couple of seconds his hands found their way back to my waist where they seemed to fit perfectly. and he melted into the kiss and our lips moved in sync with each other.

we pulled away due to lack of air and he rested his forehead on mine. "your amazing." he whispered and i giggled. the things he did to me were unreal. my hands moved from his chest to around his neck pulling him into a hug.

"i never wanna lose you Johnny," my voice muffled into his neck and he pulled our bodies closer together by my waist. "you never will, y/n. you mean way to much to me to ever let you go."

the end :) much love to you guys <3