detention

your pov / friday afternoon

this is the first time i've had in detention, ever. there's really no reason for me to go anyways. I'm one of the top 3 kids in my grade level, just because I dozed off for one class period doesn't mean my grades are going down the drain. 

in my defense, I had a lot on my mind; I still have a lot on my mind. this boy whose name I didn't even know until a couple of weeks ago has been occupying my mind. Johnny; he said his name was one day when he'd caught me staring while I was at my locker in the hall way. 

he came up introducing himself and had a smirk on his face the entire time we were talking. I learned that he had 3 sisters and loved music. but nothing more before the bell rang to get to our next class. 

after that I found myself looking for him in crowded rooms, double checking to see if he was in any of my classes because I never really cared for anyone in them; until now. 

after a full day of classes I realized I didn't have any with Johnny. Nor did I have lunch with him, which discouraged me even more. all I was left with was stolen glances in the hallway and sending him soft smiles when I was feeling particularly brave. 

sometimes he'd wink at me or smirk or even bite his lip when our eyes met. It's almost like he knew how it made me feel. butterflies erupting in my stomach, the feeling of blood rushing to my cheeks and how my knee's get weak. 

but were these things I felt, real feelings or just attraction? I wasn't sure. I've never had a boyfriend or a crush or anything, really. 

all that I was sure of was that Johnny made me feel things. and I didn't mind it. 

now, I was making my way down the main hallway of my high school, towards the library where detention is held. 

even in times like these, thoughts of him ran rampant through my mind. 

I swung the library door open and took a seat at one of the tables near the center of the room. who knew who else would be in here? I hoped no one I wasn't fond of. 

no one else was here yet, but that made sense because I didn't have to go to my locker after last period. 

I heard the door open again but it was just Ms. Warfeild, the detention instructor. 

her eyes landed on me and a look of confusion spread on her face.

"y/n, you're in detention?" 

"uh, well y-" I was cut off by the doors opening again and our heads snapped to see who it was. 

oh no, I thought, Johnny has detention too. 

he walked in with messy hair and his usual jean jacket. not that I notice that kind of stuff though. 

he looked up from his phone and looked at Ms. Warfeild, then me. one is his signature smirks made its way onto his face and he walked past me to sit at the table right behind me.

"nice of you to join us today, Mr. Orlando." Ms. Warfeild spoke with the smallest hint of sarcasm. 

"always a pleasure, Ms. Warfeild." I could practically hear the smirk on his face but I didn't dare turn around. 

"you two are expected to sit here, in silence until 5 o'clock. I don't mind if you do homework or something productive, but nothing more." she paused for a second, "Unfortunately I have a meeting go attend, so I won't be here to watch over you guys. y/n I'm hoping you'll keep Johnny here, in check." 

she started gathering her stuff, folders, laptop and purse before turning back to us, "and no funny business." 

funny business? what was that supposed to mean? 

Ms. Warfeild took one final look at us and left the library. suddenly my hands got clammy and my mouth felt dry. 2 whole hours in this confined room with Johnny? how was I going to survive?

my thoughts were cut short by his angelic voice, "I didn't take you as one to get detention." 

I turned my body around to face him, "this is my first time, actually." 

he leaned more into the desk looking intrigued. "and what exactly did you do to get in here?" 

I'd have to make up a lie, or I could just twist the truth, I thought. 

"I, um was distracted for most of first period." I stumbled over my words and didn't sound too convincing. 

"distracted with what?" his eyebrow rose and my stomach felt like it was doing flips. 

"doesn't matter," my voice was shaky but I covered it up, "you get detention often?" 

"more often then not," he smiled looking down at the desk and back at me, "are you just going to ignore my question?" 

"like you never asked." Johnny chuckled at my response and I spoke again, "why're you here?" 

"I got into a fight and beat the kid pretty bad," I gasped remembering hearing about it earlier this week. 

"I heard about that. the boy had to go to the hospital for a broken nose." damn, Johnny did that? should I be frightened? maybe. was I? definitely not. 

"he should'a kept his damn mouth closed. always being a jackass and utterly disrespectful." his hands turned into fists. 

"what did he say?" my eyebrows furrowed, "was it about you?" what could've ticked him off enough to make him hurt that kid so bad? 

"doesn't matter," 

"did you just use my line, on me?" I looked him in the eye with the smallest smile forming on my face. 

the end gang gang :0 i'll probably make a part 2 cause I have more in mind for this particular idea, but the next time I update might be next weekend ! 

anywho ily guys sm and thanks for all of the support !