dear diary, pt 2

your pov

we headed out the door and to Johnny's car. on the drive to the mall we sat in a comfortable silence until he spoke up. "y/n, can i ask you something?" his eyes not leaving the road. 

"shoot," i responded looking over and admiring him. his hair was in its natural state, light brown and fluffy. his left hand on the wheel while his right arm was rested on the center console. he was wearing his signature black ripped jeans and a plaid collared shirt with buttons at the neck. 

i bought him that shirt for his birthday a little over a month after we met. 

"how come you never talk about any of your ex-boyfriends, or any boys that your interested in?" my eyes shot up to look at him while he kept his focus on the road.

because i'm only interested in you. i thought.

"w-well i don't know. you've never really asked about them." i struggled to get the words out. why is he suddenly curious about this? did he- wait theres no way. he wouldn't do that. at least i don't think he would. 

but now that i think about it, he's never called me princess before, why start today? he was acting weird in my closet. but i thought i hid it under all of my shoes. there were a lot of shoes out of the box...

he snapped me out of my thoughts, "do you have any ex-boyfriends?" he looked away from the road for the first time and our eyes locked. 

"yea, one or two," i shrugged wishing we would arrive at the mall already. "well which one is it?" he questioned me further. 

"i've had one ex-boyfriend, his name was Allen and he was garbage, are you happy now?" i snapped, and it sounded meaner than i intended. but Allen is a touchy subject for me and i hate talking about him. he broke me and Johnny fixed me. 

i didn't dare look at him for the rest of the silent ride and the tension in the air was thick. my eyes were glued on my hands fiddling with my phone out of anxiousness. 

great, i thought. he's probably mad at me now. 

before i knew it we were parked in front of the mall. we got out and i saw Asher and Annie at the entrance. without telling John i headed towards them and i guess he realized because he soon caught up with me. 

"hey Anns, hey Asher." i smiled at them. John and Asher "bro hugged" and i faced Annie. "come with me, i wanna look at the makeup in Sephora," 

we turned back to the guys, "meet us in the food court in half and hour," Annie ordered and they nodded. 

before we walked off Johnny grabbed my hand lightly and turned me to face him, "be safe." he looked me dead in the eyes and i squeezed his hand. 

me and Annie entered Sephora and walked around for a little bit just looking at the products. "ohh y/n look what i found," Annie said from the other side of the isle that i was in. i walked around the corner and saw her looking at a charcoal face mask. 

"should we get it?" she asked looking at me. "well i wanted to buy something, why not?" 

we both purchased our own and headed out. on our way to the food court i stopped dead in my tracks with my eyes locked on someone. 

Annie turned to me with worry in her eyes. "y/n, are you alright?" 

she followed my eyes to see what i was looking at, "Allen." she whispered. 

i hadn't seen him since the night we broke up, the day right before me and Johnny met. fear took over my body as he spotted me and Annie grabbed my wrist trying to take my focus off of him. 

but i couldn't move. he made his way over to us in no time and stood in front of me. 

"y/n." Allen spoke quietly. "no, Allen. you have no right to even look at y/n after what you did." Annie spat. i stayed silent as their bickering seemed to fade. all of the memories of Allen came to my mind, something that i haven't thought about in months. 

suddenly it all hit me at once like a truck and tears pooled in my eyes. 

"guys stop." i said sternly. their eyes shot to me and i sighed. "Allen, i never wanna see you EVER again. you broke me, and left me for someone else to clean up. someone did, and he cares about me more than you ever have! he doesn't play with my heart or my head, which is ALL you ever did. burn in hell." i raised my voice and placed my pointer finger on his chest roughly. 

i stormed off with tears streaming down my cheeks and Annie following close behind me. 

"y/n, are you okay?" she asked as we kept walking. i sniffled and wiped away some tears. "yeah, i'll be fine." 

we walked towards the food court and saw Johnny and Asher standing by the fountain waiting for us. when they saw us they sat up. 

"finally wh-" John cut himself off when he saw my tear stained cheeks and his eye widened. he shot up and ran towards me questioning me right off the bat. 

"are you okay? who did this? are you hurt?" he looked at me worriedly. "we're just going to get some food, and leave you guys to it," i heard Annie's voice and her and Asher walked away. 

"i- i- he-" i couldn't spit words out, my train of thought was interrupted and all i could think about was how he was holding my hands comfortingly as he starred into my eyes. "y/n," he spoke softly, "tell me what happened." 

John led me over to a nearby bench and we sat down, our hands never leaving each other. "Allen." was all i could manage to get out. 

John's face turned from soft to furious in a matter of seconds. "he's here? what did he do? where is he?" his voice was dark, something i've never heard before. "just- just calm down. i'm okay now." i squeezed his hand reassuringly. 

"y/n, you have five seconds to tell me what he did, or i'm gonna go find him," he raised his eyebrows and i giggled. 

"what's funny?" 

"Johnny, you don't even know what he looks like," i bursted into a fit of giggles. his eyes softened and he slightly smiled. 

"o-okay, well i'll figure it out." he stated sounding unsure and stood up from the bench. 

i pulled him back down holding one of his hands with my two tiny ones. "he's not worth it John, never has been, never will be." i rubbed my thumb over the top of his soft hand and he sighed. 

"listen y/n," he started seeming uncertain. "i need to tell you something, but when i tell you this you can't be upset. promise me." he put up his pinky finger and i locked mine with his. 

he looked down for a second fiddling with my fingers. "earlier, when i asked you about your ex's i already knew about Allen." he paused and i became confused. 

John noticed my confusion and continued, "i-in your closet, i found your diary. i only had the time to read the first page before you walked in." 

i let go of his hand and stood up not believing what he said, "seriously? you read my diary?" i questioned. 

suddenly my face became red from embarrassment realizing he had read everything i wrote about him on December 16th. 

"so you know?" i whispered almost inaudible. "yeah, yeah i do, but y/n its completely fine." he stood up grabbing my hand again. 

"no- no its not, now you probably think i weird, a-and i'll lose you and i ca-" he cut me off pressing his lips to mine. 

i didn't hesitate for a second before kissing him back. my hands rested around his neck and his around my waist. 

he pulled away slightly but not too far, "you'll never lose me y/n, because i'm in love with you." 

so okay, i honestly didn't know how to end it so its like really sloppy but whatever sksk 

anywho this is 1,398 words long and now i gotta go do a pt 2 to my Alessio Imagine from last night :)

if you haven't checked that book out yet go do soo plzz ;))