this damned school play pt. 2

quick a/n: just as i went to start writing this part i see that this book is aT 100K READS ONCE AGAIN !!! thank u guys sososo much <3

John's pov / monday night

I couldn't lie and tell her that she wouldn't make it into the play. of course she could, being the gorgeous and talented lady that she is. honestly, i'm beyond happy for y/n. by auditioning for the play she's putting herself out there, and she seemed ecstatic about it.

the only thing that i'm worried about is how good she is at acting. there is a humungous chance she'll get the role of Juliet. hell, there's not a shed of doubt in my mind she will. but that means that whomever gets the roll of Romeo would get to spend almost all of her- our free time together. they'll get to hold her, see her eyes and freckles up close and kiss her. all of the things I should be doing.

so, maybe i'm getting jealous at the mere thought of it. but I can't help it. y/n is my happy place, she brings me all the joy in the world and more. I wanna be around her all the time, hear her voice every second of the day and I crave the feel of her warm, soft skin against mine, always.

i'm more than infatuated with her, i'm in love with her, I thought.

reaching out to my nightstand, I blindly grab my phone in the darkness. my eyes squinted at the light of the screen for a second as I unlocked it and opened our messages.

to: angel face

goodnight, princesa

I sat my phone back on the table and shut my eyes, finally deciding what I was to do and drifting to sleep.

~

tuesday / 2:34pm

the majority of my school day I spent trying to find the perfect monologue to audition with. of course, with the exception of fourth period, where I devoted most of my time to teasing y/n.

my plan is simple. i'm going to audition tomorrow - since y/n is auditioning today - hopefully be the best male option they've got and get the part of Romeo. if it backfires and I don't get the part then i'll just have to live with the jealousy- or if I do get the part and y/n doesn't then i'll just drop out of it.

maybe there are other reasonable ways to deal with my dilemma. but this feels like it could start something new between us. plus, it wasn't as nerve racking as just telling her straight how I feel.

the only reason i'm keeping my plan to audition from y/n is because there's no telling how she'll feel about it.

as I went to scroll through Instagram I received a text from her.

from: angel face

u coming to my audition?

to: angel face

you want me to?

from: angel face

ofc i want u there bubs!! m'gonna need ur emotional support :)

to: angel face

then i'll be there

and you'll do great, princesa