the one with the proposal pt. 2

Johnnys pov

I couldn't live with myself knowing I'd upset y/n to the point where she felt she needed to run into another mans arms. my mind was closing in on itself with the thought of her with Jackson, her ex and the guy that broke up with her a couple of weeks before our moment on the fourth of July. 

the one and only reason I knew that she was or is with her douche of an ex is because Lauren had texted me saying that she'd seen y/n enter his apartment building a little over an hour ago. she also warned me that y/n was beyond upset about the whole situation saying, and I quote, "if John's not even thinking about marriage after five years together, then why are we still together?" the last time Lauren saw her today. 

Lauren told me that after y/n had asked that, hopefully rhetorical question, she tried to convince her that I was just oblivious and stupid. basically whatever she could think of to change y/n's mind, even a little. 

apparently Lauren's convincing didn't work all to well, considering y/n went to see her ex. either way I was going to make this right, the way it was supposed to be. 

entering the huge building I hoped that I could remember Jacksons apartment number and floor, from a party of his we attended two or three years ago. 

I walked past the front clerk and stepped onto an elevator with a couple other people. looking over all of the floor buttons only one stuck out, and suddenly a memory of his party popped into my head. 

*flashback to the night of the party*

third-person pov

y/n, Johnny, Lauren, Hayden and Noah all piled into the elevator of y/n's ex's apartment building. when y/n got the call on her phone saying she was invited to a huge get together Jackson was throwing she couldn't believe it. the fact that they haven't seen each other since high school or that he got a hold of her number. 

y/n also knew that her boyfriend, Johnny was not very happy about attending the party. although there was free booze promised, and she made him promise to go with her to 'keep her safe' as she said. 

"which floor did he say it was again?" Hayden asked looking up at his friends with furrowed eyebrows .

"hold on-" y/n said pulling a piece of paper out of her back pocket, "I wrote it down. it's floor six, and room 612." 

the second she finished reading the contents of the paper Johnny snatched it from her fingers and ripped it up, hoping to never remember the numbers. 

*end of flashback*

Johnnys pov

"floor 6, room 612," I spoke softly to myself and pressed the button that read '6'. 

the two others on the elevator had their stops before the doors opened to the sixth floor. a sign was hung on the wall in front of me pointing in either direction with the room numbers listed below it. 

It pointed left for rooms 600-620 and I headed that way, walking faster than I realized. the room numbers were plastered on the doors in a shiny metal, and each number up was across the hall from the last. 

finally I stood in front of the door I knew was Jackson's. I tried to get my thoughts in order while praying over and over that y/n wasn't here, and that she went home to our shared apartment. 

taking one last final deep breath I knocked three times on the wood and waited impatiently. when the door swung open revealing Jackson he tried to speak first, "John, he-," but I cut him off. 

"where is she?" I tried to keep my voice stern and intimidating but the truth was that I knew he could beat me in a fight any day, "I'm not scared of you." I averted my eyes away from his and walked into the apartment without his permission.