detention pt. 2

your pov / 45 minutes into detention

the first time I looked up at the clock that was hung on a wall in the back of the library, I was surprised. forty-five minutes with Johnny felt like less than five minutes, and not to say that i'm shocked with myself but I was having a lot of fun with him.

all we'd done so far was talk, and flir- joke with each other. no that I have much experience with boys, or flirting but I think you could hardly call our banter 'flirting'.

I was laid out on top of one of the long tables with my feet crossed and my hands folded neatly on top of my stomach. Johnny sat in a chair right next to where I lay with his feet propped up on the end of the table, next to mine.

"ugh y/n," he threw his head back, "i'm so bored." his voice sounded more like a child's whine making me laugh a little.

"i'm not sure what you want me to do about that Johnny," I looked over at him and was met with his eyes already on me.

our eyes stayed locked for a couple of seconds before I sat up looking around the empty space.

I slid off the table walking over to where all the bookshelves stood, feeling Johnny's presence not far behind me. we passed a couple of shelfs that held non-fiction until I stopped at the fiction section.

"what're you looking for?" Johnny spoke just above a whisper right over my shoulder, I swear my heartbeat was so loud he could probably hear it.

trying to pull it of as if that didn't effect me I shrugged my shoulders and headed down the first isle. I'd found some authors I've heard of and some whose books I've read, but nothing I was too interested in.

for a while Johnny did nothing but follow me around like a lost puppy.

"what, you don't like to read?" I looked back at him with one eyebrow raised.

he was leaned up against a bookshelf with crossed arms, looking at god knows what before I looked back.

Johnny smiled and shook his head, "no, but I would if you wanted me to."

I couldn't fight the smile that spread on my face at his comment, "shut up," my voice was barley audible.

"aw I made you blush," he gushed poking at my side making me giggle, trying to swat his hands away.

"whatever." I smiled again and turned back around to continue looking for a book.

"no y/n, do something with me please?" I looked back at him again to see his head thrown back, "no offense sweetheart, but looking through all of these books is incredibly boring."

Johnny looked at me pleadingly and I sighed.

I crossed my arms, fully faced him now, "and what do you suppose we should do?"

he looked like he was trying to conjure up an idea for a few seconds, "we could play 20 questions?"

if you keep smiling at me like that I'd gladly play anything with you, I thought.

the second I nodded my head he was sitting on the floor up against the shelf. stifling a laugh I sat against the opposite shelf, stretching my legs out beside him.

"I'll ask you questions first, since it was my idea," Johnny paused thinking of a question to ask me, "middle name?"

"m/n,"

"favorite color?"

"army green," (or anything u want, I just put what I would answer fam)

"do you have any pets?"