jeopardize

Johnny's pov 

the distance y/n's been putting between us is driving me insane. I ran through hundreds of reasons why she would suddenly pull away from me. maybe she sensed how I really feel? that's impossible, I haven't told a soul about my overflowing affection for her.

then again, I might have been making it slightly too obvious. y/n had caught me one too many times staring at her, in class, on her rooftop where we'd lay under the stars for hours and while we watched movies in my bedroom. 

in all honesty, I couldn't help myself. her features were angelic like, doe sized eyes, beautiful y/c hair, naturally pink cheeks and the fullest, softest looking lips. y/n's beauty was unlike any I'd ever seen, unmatched. (damn straight bc you guys are BEAUTIFUL and you better remember that<3)

no matter what, I needed answers- soon. all I needed to do was work up the courage to confront her about it, and figure out what to do to fix it. 

now, it was 4th period, the only class I have without her. deciding it was now or never I pulled my phone out under the desk and sent her a carefully worded text, 

to: y/n<3

can I give you a ride home 2day? wanna talk to u. read at 1:49pm.

from: y/n<3

yeah sure. meet @ ur car?  received at 1:51pm. 

to: y/n<3

sounds like a plan :) read at 1:53pm.

just when I started to over think the smiley face I added, she replied with another facing the opposite way. my hearts pace picked up, thinking about being alone with her for the first time in a couple of weeks. 

the rest of 4th period flew by, as did 5th. with every step closer to the exit of the school I took my nerves grew. what if she told me she didn't want to be friends anymore? or worse, she knew about my feelings and didn't want anything to do with me anymore? 

realistically, I don't think y/n would be that harsh yet my brain couldn't help but conjure up the worst possible scenarios. 

pushing open one of the double doors and holding it for a couple of the people behind me, I caught a glimpse of her leaning against the hood of my car from across the parking lot. her right hand was occupied with scrolling through her phone, and her left was fiddling with the corner of the oversized flannel that hung on her shoulders. 

someone grabbed the door for me and I quickly sent them a 'thanks', walking off past the buses and approaching y/n. the closer I got the more I took her appearance in, hair parted to the side, freshly manicured nails and her bottom lip was pulled between her teeth. 

I stopped a couple of feet away, and her eyes traveled from the phone screen to me. a soft smile danced on her lips and my own pulled into a grin. 

"hey," she spoke with a light laugh after a few seconds of silent eye contact. my heart was doing flips in my stomach, like every other time I heard her voice. 

"h-hi," I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for sounding like an idiot. 

standing up straight, she flipped her hair over her shoulder, "are you ready to go, Orlando? or are we just gonna stand here all day?" 

"um- yeah, yeah I'm ready." a nervous chuckle left my lips as I watched her walk around to the passenger side of my car and open the door. I inhaled deeply, trying to push my nerves as far back as possible. 

sitting in the drivers seat, I threw my bag into the backseat and turned the key in the ignition. we sat in a comfortable silence for the first few minutes, until she cleared her throat and I saw her turn to me out of the corner of my eye, "so, uh, what did you wanna talk to me about?" 

I switched hands on the wheel, running my other over my face and through my hair, "I just- I want to know what I did." the words came out quieter than I expected but I kept my eyes on the road. 

y/n kept her eyes glued to the side of my head, "w-what do you mean? Johnny you didn't do anything." she defended as I turned down an abandoned road, towards our spot. 

"don't lie to me, obviously I did something to make you pull away from me." the car came to a stop where the road ended, "just tell me, I can take whatever it is."

she let out a shaky breath and opened the door, going to sit on the edge of the cliff that hung over a mass body of water. following her actions, I got out of the car and came up to sit next to her. 

her head laid in her hands and I held back from saying anything. I wasn't sure if she needed time, someone to listen or both. 

"do you remember when we first met?" she lifted her head from her palms and looked at me. 

our eye connected but I didn't dare look away, "of course, you were sitting right here. your music was so loud in your earbuds you had no idea I was there," I laughed at the memory, "I scared you so bad you almost threw your journal into the water."

a small giggle escaped her lips and my smile only grew bigger, "yeah, what can I say? I scare easily." 

"I'm so glad I came here that day." I spoke, looking out over the water. 

"John, what i'm about to tell you might ruin everything between us." y/n sighed.

my eyebrows furrowed and I shook my head, "how bad could it possibly be?" 

"I-I don't know when it happened," she paused, "but suddenly, just being around you gave me butterflies. and i'm sure part of it has to do with how good you are to me, but you're spinning around in my head all of the time. I guess what i'm trying to say is that I like you, a lot." 

for a moment I was sure I hadn't heard anything she said clearly. the sound of my heart going a million miles an hour rang through my ears. I heard her sigh beside me and lifted my head, seeing her stare at her dangling feet. 

"I knew it, I knew telling you how I really felt would jeopardize our friendsh-" stopping y/n in the middle of her sentence, I cupped her jaw lightly turning her to face me. before she could question what I was doing and I lost the nerve, I leaned forward and pressed my lips to hers. 

our lips molded together like perfect fitting puzzle pieces and I couldn't have imagined it any better. she pulled away first, but kept the space between our faces limited. my eyes stayed trained on her's and our breaths steadied. 

"you're literally all I ever think about." I spoke with a dry chuckle and her eyes visibly lit up before me. 

so I've decided I really like writing in a boys/Johnny's pov and from now on I'm gonna keep switching it up :)

thanks for the love n support, ily guys <3