can't help falling in love

disclaimer: guys, even though i used him as the 'bad guy' in this chapter, i LOVE Carson. so no shade whatsoever.

your pov

when i told my best friend, Johnny that a really hot boy on the football team asked me to prom he seemed pretty happy for me. but i can't help but wonder what it would have been like if he was jealous of Carson. i just have to face reality and deal with the fact that Johnny doesn't and never will see me as more than a friend.

it's the night of prom 2k19 and i haven't talked to Johnny all day. if he actually wanted to talk to me he would have texted me by now though. honestly i've been trying to not focus on just him recently and just make sure that i look perfect for tonight.

it was a shock when the captain of the football team asked me to prom, not just to me but to everyone that was there. unfortunately Johnny wasn't but i told him all about it that night when he snuck in my room and we watched Youtube until dawn.

i had just gotten out of the shower and done blowdrying my hair before grabbing my curling iron from the cabinet in my bathroom. it only took me about an hour to curl my hair to perfection and apply light makeup. my dress was dark red with flowers crowding it from the waist up, and it was free flowing from the waist down. the heels were classy and matched the red on my dress.

i heard my phone go off signaling to me that i had gotten a snapchat. quickly, i unlocked my phone and saw that it was a text from Carson. before i could click his name and open it, i got another snapchat from Johnny, but it was a picture. hesitating i clicked on John's name first revealing a mirror selfie he had taken in his suit for prom. he looked amazing, and suddenly i was envious of whoever he asked to prom. his hair was styled perfectly and his suit was a plain black tux that showed off his shoulders and biceps. and he was wearing a bow tie, my favorite. whoever she is, she's really lucky.

i exited the picture and double tapped on his snapchat contact before taking a picture in my mirror. making sure that my dress, shoes, hair and makeup all looked good before sending it to John. i was anxious as to what he would think of it, but i shook it off and opened Carson's chat.

it read, "i'll be there soon babe" and i mentally cringed because we are not dating. i texted back a quick 'okay' and headed downstairs. soon enough the sound of someone knocking on my door rang through my house. i jumped up from the couch and opened the door to be faced with Carson. his tux was plain black like Johnny's, but he was wearing a normal tie.

"hey," he starts looking at me up and down, "you look amazing." Carson bites his lip and our eyes connect.

"um, thanks." i stared back at him, and he cleared his throat before speaking again. "we should get going."

i nodded my head as we started to his car and he opened the passengers seat door for me. i muttered a quiet 'thank you' and he shut the door, walking to his side.

we were in a comfortable silence when my phone went off saying that i got a snapchat. i remembered the picture i sent to Johnny a little while ago. in a matter of seconds my phone was unlocked and i saw there was, not a picture, but a text from John.

i did my best to cover my phone so Carson couldn't see it and opened the chat. it read, "you look gorgeous, Carson is really lucky" and my heart stopped. i could feel my cheeks getting red and i silently thanked god that Carson's eyes remained on the road. my fingers moved across the keyboard typing, "you don't look bad yourself, and thanks :)"

as i hit send Carson spoke up. "who is that?" his voice was flat and i looked up at him. "just one of my friends," i shrugged my shoulders trying to hide the fact that i lied. i didn't know what would happen if i had told him it was Johnny. in our first year of high school he had gotten into a huge fight with another boy because he caught his ex-girlfriend texting him. so its an understatement to say that he might be a little crazy.