~1~

A/N

Just a quick message for y'all. This is a rewrite of Renewal and the overall plot won't change much. This is just me fixing shit that was bad. Also, I had my fanfic reviewed, so I'm hoping to use that criticism to better the story.

Onwards!

Edit:

Buy Naruto merch with FREE shipping at https://narutoeverything.com use code "weeaboo" for a 10% discount on everything there! Along with a 10% discount, many things are already on discount, so you can get Naruto merch for an affordable price. Again, shipping is FREE meaning that it will cost even less!

~~~~~

School. The bane of my existence.

"Wakey, wakey!"

Nevermind. Nate, the bane of my existence.

"Go away asshole." I grumble, pulling the sheets over my eyes.

"No can do!" Nate replied, yanking the fluffy grey blanket off. "You know what Medusa will do if we're late for the second time this week!"

"Yeah, yeah, just get out so I can get ready." I groan, rubbing at my eyes.

"Okay!" Nate chirps, his blonde hair bouncing as he skipped away.

The kid was a total space cadet.

I sit up out of bed and stretch my arms above my head, waiting for the satisfying pop before releasing.

Lazily, I stumble to my closet and pull out a black hoodie and grey sweatpants, along with a random white t-shirt and black socks. I get dressed and run my hand through my short black hair a couple of times, figuring that was good enough.

I leave my room just to get socked in the face with my backpack.

"What's for breakfast?" Nate asks, lounging on the couch where he threw my bag from.

"I don't know," I shrug, yawning. "You want to stop at that cafe by the school?"

"Only if your paying!" Nate replies. "I'm broke at the moment, paycheck isn't coming until Friday."

Oh yeah, it's Monday, isn't it? Just another reason I should've stayed in bed.

"Whatever, but when you get paid we're going out for Chinese food, your treat." I bargain.

"Deal!" He exclaims. "Now let's go! I have a date with bagels!"

"This is why people think your an idiot." I sigh. "Because you really are."

Little did I know, I wasn't going to be getting my fucking Chinese food.

~after leaving the apartment~

As usual, basically everyone who say me on the streets avoided me at all costs. I just look dead and probably like a child molester (which isn't my fault). However Nate, ruins the image completely.

Bright blue eyes, blonde hair, and a incredibly hideous brightly coloured sweater vest.

Most days I want to rip apart his closet. He has no sense in fashion. To most I sound like a hypocrite, but thats not the case. I simply put no effort into my outfit, at all.

The small quiet cafe comes into view, pleasant little potted plants lining the sidewalk leading to the entrance. Nate and I hurry inside, walking up to the counter where there was thankfully no line.

"Tabby!" Nate exclaims, running up the counter.

"My name isn't Tabby," She sighed. "For the hundredth time, it's Tabitha."

"Sorry," I mumble, shaking my head.

"No problem, just order something." She replied. "Oh, and control your roommate."

This happens a lot unfortunately.

"I'll have a blueberry muffin and chai tea." I yawn, then turning to Nate and handing him my wallet. "Order something and pay. Oh, and do it quickly, class starts in fifteen minutes."

I took a seat by the window and just stared outside at all of the people who walked with purpose. Sure, I had a purpose right now; go to school. But what am I going to do after? What am I doing with my life? Wasting away at school just to get some awful officw job.

"Hey!"

A small paper bag gets slammed down in front of me, making me flinch.

"Oh, thanks." I mumble, taking my wallet, tea, and muffin back from Nate.

"Don't go all spaced-out on me, we still got to get to class in..." Nate squints at his digital watch. "Eight minutes."

"Whatever, let's just get going." I shrug, taking a sip of my tea.

As we leave the cafe I sudenly notice the brown paper bag Nate's cradling in his arms. Out of curiosity, I turn to him.

"What's in the bag?" I ask.

"Bagels!" He chirps back, eating half a bagel whole.

"How many?"

"Um... Maybe 15?" He hummed.

"Dear Lord, help me to keep my sanity."

"Sanity?" Nate asked. "What's that? Can I eat it?"

"No, Nate. Please shut up now."

~before class starts~

"I'm booooored."

"Let me drink my tea in peace." I mumbled back, my eyes shut in contentment.

"But I ate all my bagels and I'm bored." Nate whines, slinking down onto the desk.

"Didn't you bring your phone?" I ask. "Go watch some Naruto or some other weeb shit."

"But we're watching it together!" Nate gasps, an overly exaggerated hurt look on his face.

"I'm not very far into the series, and even then I'm not a huge fan." I shrug with a yawn.

Nate slaps my hand. "How dare you!"

"We haven't even gotten that far." I yawn.

I have no doubts he would've continued his rant, but just then Mrs. Medusa walked in.

It was hell on earth for an hour.

~after class~

"I swear she's out to get me!"

"I would be too, you're annoying as hell." I chuckle, tossing my now empty cup into a trashcan.

"Who's side are you on?!" Nate pouts.

"I'm neutral." I say defensively, putting my arms up in a 'I surrender' gesture.

"Yeah whatever," He sighs. "What class do we have next anyway?"

"Mechanics I believe."

"Then we better hurry up! That's on the other end of the building and downstairs!" Nate exclaims, beginning to jog on the spot.

"Ugh, stairs." I groan, still walking slowly.

"Let's go!"

Nate snatches my arm and proceeds to run down the hallway like an idiot, pulling me along. Before I knew it we had arrived at the staircase, but instead of stopping me, Nate didn't bother, only stopping himself.

I'm sure you can guess what happens next.

The momentum carries me forward and I begin falling forward. Seeming to just continue to fall forever in slow motion.

Someone screams a name, but I can't remember what it was.

Whatever, I'm prepared to die. Maybe then I'll have a purpose.

But why did it have to be stairs? That's lame.

Way to go me, dies falling down stairs.

Oh well.

A/N

Good? Bad? Eh?

I'm feeling better about the rewrite though. I know what I'm doing kinda.