~2~

My body felt as though it didn't exist and the space around me was just darkness.

I tried to open my eyes, but I could never tell if they were open, because all around me was dark.

It was unerving, alarming, terrifying. I never wanted to be in darkness like this again. If this was my afterlife, I'd rather not exist at all.

The air around me (if there even was any) was cool, which only made the darkness feel even more intimidating.

But finally it ended. I could feel myself- no, more like my spirit- being pulled. Out of this place and into somewhere else.

And then it was dark again, but this time warm, and constricting. Constantly I was being squeezed, sometimes even in different directions. Instead of feeling disembodied, I could actually feel. Like I had a body again.

Who knows how long I was in there. That warm, uncomfortable place, constantly in confusion.

Days, weeks, months, years.

As I became more and more familiar with my surroundings, I started to learn more and more. While I couldn't see, or feel much of anything, I could hear things. Mumbled speech I believe, however it was hard to tell, it didn't sound like english.

Eventually that all changed.

I was being moved again, but this time I was moved more than ever before. The squeezing intensified, like I was being squeezed through a hole not meant for something my size (whatever size that was).

The pushing and squeezing continued until it eventually just vanished. I was moved again, but by a different force. My eyes flew open, but were quickly shut again, the light was so damn bright!

I could hear rumbling again. Three distinct rumbles. The first- which was closest to me- sounded older, worn. The second was high pitched an excited sounding. And the last was calm, deep, and almost soothing.

All sound stopped for a moment before the rumbling continued. I was moved again, making me slightly dizzy.

My eyes opened again, and this time I saw two faces.

A woman with brown hair and brown eyes stared down at me, sharing my look of curiosity. After a moment, she began smiling at me, glancing over at the second person.

A tall silent man stood there, a tiny smile on his face. His hair was forest green, although it could've been dyed. Lastly, his eyes were dark blue, full of love for the woman who still stared at me.

Then it finally hit me.

I was a baby. Again.

Fuck.

~~~~~

I can't decide if being a baby is awesome or awful.

If I cry, bam! Food on demand! But changing is just terrible, and I can't walk or hell, even crawl! I know how to, but these stupid baby legs won't let me do shit.

The people who I saw after opening my eyes were my new parents, along with an old lady who I guess is a doctor.

I, however, don't see them as my parents. I had parents before, granted I can't remember much about them, but they were parents. These people can be... What do they keep saying? Okaa-san and Otou-san? I'm guessing it means mother and father, which is fine I guess. I already had a mom and dad.

Oh yeah, the other thing they won't stop saying is Yuuto. Which I'm guessing is my name now. Could be worse, at least it sounds cool.

Still trying to figure out this language though. I'm having a hard time understanding them.

~~~~~

So, pretty sure the language is Japanese. How do I know? This may sound stupid, but Naruto. I watched some of the series in Japanese and I have a general idea of words and phrases in Japanese and how they sound.

Anime taught me something.

What is the world coming too?

~~~~~

Not sure how long it's been, but a lot has already happened.

Firstly, we moved to someplace new into a small house about the same size as the old one.

Secondly, I finally figured out how to crawl.

Thirdly, my non-existent teeth hurt.

And lastly, I managed to garble out my 'first words.' It was horribly pronounced, but I did it.

Want to know what I said?

Eat.

Yeah, I was hungry, so what?

Don't worry, soon after that I managed to say Okaa-san, and after that, Otou-san.

Diapers suck.

~~~~~

My guess is that it's been roughly four months since whatever you want to call this happened, and even more had gone down.

I can sort of walk now, I'm teething (fucking ow), and we moved. Yet again.

This time though we moved in the middle of the night, like what? I don't know why, but these people are suspicious as hell!

They also keep glancing at me from time to time, looking at my face and then frowning.

Maybe I'm an ugly baby? How should I know? Oh! I hope I got Otou-sans hair though! It looks cool.

Whoops, got a little side tracked. What did you expect? I'm a baby, with the thoughts of a twenty year old. My puny brain can't take it.

~~~~~

We haven't moved in what I'm guessing has been a few months, which is good because it gives me the chance to finally get to know my surroundings.

My caregivers have mentioned several times that I'm almost one year old, and that has me excited. The older I get, the faster I can just not be a baby.

The twenty year old mind set is helping though, definitely made learning the language easier. I had to learn French when I was alive afterall.

Despite all the good things that have happened, weird stuff happened too.

One day, Okaa-san took me into the bathroom with her and set me on the counter while she brushed her hair. She talked to me and made sure I didn't fall off. But when she pointed out the mirror, you can bet I took a peek.

My hair was jet black, my skin unnaturally papery pale. But that wasn't even the most shocking. No, that award went to my piercing yellow eyes.

Fuck genetics apparently.

A/N

Hope you guys liked it! More coming soon!